Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV SUB/IDX Subtitles in separate files

Hi guys,

It would be helpful when you rip an MKV with multiple subtitles to be able to get a separate file for each subtitle stream. At the moment, there isn't a subtitle reading program (e.g. SuptoSub) that can access the SUB/IDX files produced by DVDFab.

The reason this is needed is because DVDFab does not identify forced subtitles properly in all cases. For example, If I highlight all English tracks in Gran Torino Blu-Ray and click on Forced Only it doesn't recognize that track #3 is forced and it just doesn't rip that track.

In any case, it would be helpful to be able to review these tracks in subtitle software that identifies if there are A) any forced captions; or B) forced captions in a standalone track - e.g. Gran Torino. To do so, it appears that subtitle tracks have to be in a separate file per subtitle track.

Originally posted by EVT View Post
    Hi guys,

It would be helpful when you rip an MKV with multiple subtitles to be able to get a separate file for each subtitle stream. At the moment, there isn't a subtitle reading program (e.g. SuptoSub) that can access the SUB/IDX files produced by DVDFab.

The reason this is needed is because DVDFab does not identify forced subtitles properly in all cases. For example, If I highlight all English tracks in Gran Torino Blu-Ray and click on Forced Only it doesn't recognize that track #3 is forced and it just doesn't rip that track.

In any case, it would be helpful to be able to review these tracks in subtitle software that identifies if there are A) any forced captions; or B) forced captions in a standalone track - e.g. Gran Torino. To do so, it appears that subtitle tracks have to be in a separate file per subtitle track.
    I've found a workaround so for me this feature request is probably is no longer needed.

Comment

Working...
    X