5.1 Multichannel for iPhone4.1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 5.1 Multichannel for iPhone4.1080p

I know it sounds silly, but I would like 5.1 multichannel sound added to the iPhone4.1080p profile. The reason is because when I use the iPhone4.1080p setting, the videos play perfectly on my Apple TV and PS3.

When I switch to another profile such as PS3 or h264.aac using the exact same conversion settings I had set for iPhone4.1080p, the video is choppy.

If the iPhone (and probably iPad) profiles had 5.1 support, it would be perfect for what I need.

It will be added in next version, thanks for your suggestion.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

8.0.3.2 has this option now, thanks fengtao.
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

1080p on AppleTV

>>I know it sounds silly, but I would like 5.1 multichannel sound added to the iPhone4.1080p profile. The reason is because when I use the iPhone4.1080p setting, the videos play perfectly on my Apple TV and PS3.

Really? You can play 1920x1080 videos with 5.1 AAC audio on an Apple TV? Is this on a 1st or 2nd generation Apple TV? Are you running a modified ATV with the Broadcom Crystal HD chip addition? Finally, what audio comes out of your Apple TV - 2 channel stereo or Dolby Digital AC-3?

Sorry, but what you are describing should be impossible.

Very curious and Thanks,

ChillyK

Comment

It plays on the new Apple TV, but it only outputs up to 720p. But it still looks good.
          Last edited by trafbaxter; 11-04-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

What about the audio portion? Do you get multi-channel sound on your Apple TV?

Thanks,

ChillyK

Comment

Originally posted by ChillyK View Post
              What about the audio portion? Do you get multi-channel sound on your Apple TV?

Thanks,

ChillyK
              Apple TV does support 5.1 multi-channel sound atleast in the AC3 format. The HD files for sale or rent through the iTunes store on the Apple TV itself or the iTunes app for MAC and PC have two audio tracks. One is a 2 channel AAC and the other is AC3 5.1.
              Last edited by Blurayfan; 11-04-2010, 08:42 PM.
              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Thanks... I was really asking about the audio packaging for the new multi-channel preset for DVDFab for iPad, et al. In other words, is the new DVDFab preset for iPad, et al. placing 5.1 audio into an AC-3 container and then playing back on the Apple TV as such.

it sounds like the answer is 'No' - the 5.1 AAC audio is there for the PS3 to use and the iPad just takes the default, 2-channel audio track and plays back in stereo. Good use case for folks with an iPad and a PS3.

I find it difficult to believe that your unmodified Apple TV can play back the 1080p video, but never mind... I will just update DVDFab, encode a sample and see all of this for myself.

Cheers.

Comment

5.1 Dolby

yes the new Apple TV does play 5.1 Surround. However you must go into the settings and change the Audio from Auto to ON. For whatever reason the Apple TV will default to ProLogic/2 Channel even though the moive may have both. Turning it to On pushed the 5.1 outoput first...

Comment

However the iPad preset doesn't have 5.1 Multi channel in latest version.

Comment

Apple TV, iPad and 5.1 Sound

Right and that's the problem. You really need to setup your movies files a certain way to have them play back correctly on all Apple devices (and everything else, for that matter).

This is especially important with the second generation Apple TV, which is less forgiving of '...the certain way...' than the original Apple TV.

Knowing that I will get my wrist slapped if I include URLs on this forum, go ahead and Google: "Apple TV subler Alternate Group" and do some reading.

You need to place your audio tracks into a 'Alternate Group 1' with the stereo track enabled and as the default and with the AC-3 track disabled. Then, Apple TV (1 and 2 gen) will do the right thing and the portable devices will play 2-channel audio. If you set the multichannel setting to 'On' in ATV2, you will get nothing if there is no AC-3 track.

Good luck and ask more questions if you need help.

ChillyK

Comment

Running on PC, so subler is not an option i can use.

Ws trying to read based on what you said to google.

Sorry to say am totally lost.

I did try and change some profiles to include the AC-3.(audiocopy) Not luck when doing so with a mp4. Crashes just like others have stated.

Is it that this program wil not put stero/dobly digital encoded into a mp4 container?
                        Last edited by Gunthermic; 11-13-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Hi all:
                          Please try the new build 8053beta.

Comment

Working...
                          X