NVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware NVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Benchmark

Upgraded my 2 yr Windows 7 system (E6850 Core Duo, 4 GB RAM) from a NVidia 8600GTX to the overclocked EVGA GTX460 ($179 at Amazon). Avatar Blu-Ray Extended took 4 hrs 20 mins with the original card and only 33 minutes to convert to DVD9 using BluRay Copy. The added CUDA cores certainly make a huge difference here- tremendous increase for the money.

Originally posted by jntwist View Post
    Upgraded my 2 yr Windows 7 system (E6850 Core Duo, 4 GB RAM) from a NVidia 8600GTX to the overclocked EVGA GTX460 ($179 at Amazon). Avatar Blu-Ray Extended took 4 hrs 20 mins with the original card and only 33 minutes to convert to DVD9 using BluRay Copy. The added CUDA cores certainly make a huge difference here- tremendous increase for the money.
    Glad to hear that. Thank you for info!
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Of course CUDA it is a very important feature...In my system with core2 duo E8500 4 Gb ram,and GTX 470 if i set AV Codec only in software i want for a bluray to h264 2 hours and 30 minutes,but if i set the AV codec with CUDA i need only 40-50 minutes!So there is a big difference or not?

Comment

A lot depends on the movie. If it requires compression it takes quit a bit longer. But in general, the GTX460 i installed made a huge difference on my my machine. On Blu-rays that don't require compression, main movie only, I can get it done in under an hour now, thats from inserting The BD to end of burn on the BDR. When I first started experimenting with ripping BDs almost 2 yrs ago the rip and encode alone could take as long as 8 hrs. I'd set it up before I went to bed and it'd still be chugging away when I got up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
        X