DVDFab name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab name

As the movie technology changes/advances DVDs might become obsolete in the future, just like VHS tapes. Even today, DVDFab is not only about DVDs but Blu-ray as well so I was wondering if the name should be changed into a more flexible/generic one such as MovieFab or something similar to that, to cover DVDs, Blu-ray, and anything else that may come in the future. Just a thought. You don't want to be stuck with a name DVDFab for much longer if DVDs are just one of the products DVDFab is about.

Best regards.

SD or BluRay they are all Digital Versatile Disc, the name seems appropriate to me.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I have put this name change on my list of the top 250 things to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        SD or BluRay they are all Digital Versatile Disc, the name seems appropriate to me.
        Technically you could say Blu-ray is just another form of DVD, but if you say word DVD to someone, they will not confuse it with Blu-ray, and if you mention Blu-ray they will not confuse it with a plain DVD.

Comment

It seems odd that you would choose a forum name that would be similarly obsolete if DVDFab finds a name change to be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            It seems odd that you would choose a forum name that would be similarly obsolete if DVDFab finds a name change to be a good idea.
            I used to love other DVD ripping software until I discovered DVDFab. My love always goes to the best software. I wouldn't have a problem changing my name to better fit a new Fab name. Anytime. Fab is not perfect, but it clearly is by far the best DVD ripping software on the market.

Take care.

Comment

I have put this on my "Bottom 250 things to worry about" list !!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X