COVER ART - Movie Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players COVER ART - Movie Information

I jsut received Kaiboer K530i medai player in the USA from a friend who is considering becoming a distributor in USA with firmware version 1.08.018 for testing purpose. I was wondering how do you get cover art or place cover art in movies files in order to see see the art with the media player or if there might be a specail program for doing so. I was hoping that some other kaiboer users may have some suggestons.

Previously, I have been using an Argosy HV335tT that manufactor says will not display cover art, so I haven't worried about it thus far. Now that I have a Kaiboer K530i media player, I would like to try out using cover art since it can display it. I might ad, that I really like the fast menu system and all the extra's built into it. It plays my BD ISO's and MKV files with no problems. Excellent video and sound with this player. But again I would love to have some feedback concerning using cover art and media information.

I have one right here as we are the Oz Distributor.

Here is a quick & dirty that will work:-

In each folder, place a JPG that you want to show the as the Folder Art and rename it 00000000.jpg

For each title in ihe folder, rename a JPG that you want to show as the Album Art.

eg.

You have Aliens.avi in a folder. To show Album Art for this title you must have Aliens.jpg in the folder.

Other media information, NOT !!!! But it will show codec, res, etc if you press the INFO button.

Capisce?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

take a look at dvdxml.com

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        take a look at dvdxml.com
        Nah mate, this will not work for the Kaiboer and no-one stores their media library in DVD format anymore do they?

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Nah mate, no-one stores their media library in DVD format anymore do they?

Yes..

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Nah mate, this will not work for the Kaiboer and no-one stores their media library in DVD format anymore do they?

I still store them all in DVD format as I never know when I need it on disc and only convert when I travel as for dvdxml.com they have cover art that can be downloaded and looks pretty good. The cover art can be added how you explained as well

Comment

synopsis & comparison

Thanks for replying, I was hoping to hear from GregiBoy. I knew GregiBoy had plenty of experience with this player and has given me excellent advice in the past. I have added some jpg pictures to the files and the Kaiboer unit does display the movie images very well. The images do not show up on the Argosy unit. All my movies (mostly BD) are MKV or ISO files. GregiBoy, is there some way to get a synoposis sheet of a movee on the Kaiboer K530i unit? To me, the Synoposis sheet capabliity is all that this Kaiboer unit is missing (or is it?).

Comparison of Units: I have had the Kaiboer unit for just several days and the I have had the Argossy Unit for almost 1 year. I have both players set up in my office for comparison and with both hooked up to the same 42" Sony Televesion, and at this time it appears that the Argosy may have a slightly better picture if that is possible (I mean very slightly). This seems to be the general concenses of everone who has come over and compared the picture quality of units over the past couple of days. Also the Argosy's pictures fills the whole tv screen where the Kaiboer unit leaves about 1/2 inch black on top and bottom of screen no matter how I adjust the unit in it's settings (using 16:9). At first I had these gaps on the sides as well but was able to adjust those gaps out and have full screen side to side.. My conclusion: The ArgosyHV335T and the Kaiboer K530i are both very nice units and do a great job at what they are advertised to do. In the USA however, the Argosy unit has a great support site from their USA divsion and appears to be adjusting it's firmware and adding more features all the time. I would love to see jpg support for movie art, along with a synoposis feature.

Comment

Synopsis = NO...

Support is a big issue and a major plus for the Argosy in the US.

Comment

Kaiboer K530i - artwork & metadata (synopsis)

I visited with Kaiboer representative and gave him my wish list of having album art along with metadata (synopsis) of each movie. He believed that it would not be a big problem for their engineer to resolve. So maybe we will have a new firmware update soon. I should be hearing from him soon.

Comment

There IS new firmware available that I have not tried yet.

I will believe the SYNOPSIS when I see it but it is on my bottom 250 things that a media player needs to have so I am not too concerned!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X