This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your burner is acting slow...

Here is something I found along time ago when my burners would burn discs very slow. After checking DMA/POI settings, they were still saying they were in DMA. Someone from another site told someone else to try this out. It's where Windows keeps track of "Scratched Disc" readings I guess. When it notices one, it will revert to POI and resetting the drive back to DMA won't work. Windows will automatically reset to POI and act slow. My kids like to play their games on my computer, and their discs are very scratched up. Resetting these values worked well for me. Maybe it will help some on here. By the way on my system the subfolders were 0006 and 0007. Just look for "Primary IDE Channel" and "Secondary IDE Channel" in the 4th column down.

Run "regedit" and follow these directions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro
    l\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\000x

Click on the sub-folders 0001 and 0002. Among the keys inside those folders, you'll find MasterIdDataChecksum and SlaveIdDataChecksum.

Double-click the key(s), and delete the value assigned to it.

Reboot, and XP will redetect the drive's DMA.

It's up to you if you want to do this. I'm not a computer Guru, but this did work for me. If this doesn't work, always look on the maker of your drive's website for any updated drivers, or even try reverting to an old one like I did with my Samsung.
    Into abyss
    You don't exist
    Cannot resist
    The Judas kiss
    Judas lives recite this vow
    I've become your new god now

Not that I would try this without first verifying, but my 0001 and 0002 entries were empty, had no values.

It would be wise to post a LINK as to where you found this method. Deleting registry entries would be a last resort.

Google search for "4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318" found the following: CLICK HERE

Plus I do NOT have this problem, mine stay on DMA !!

Hope it works for ya !!

Cheers,
    Last edited by AlienX69; 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying that everyone will want to try this, I'm saying that it worked for me. Why? I'm not a Guru and don't claim to be, so I don't know. I used this as a last resort to a slow burning problem and it worked. I can't remember what site it was I got it from, I copied and pasted in an e-mail to myself and tried it when I got home.
      Into abyss
      You don't exist
      Cannot resist
      The Judas kiss
      Judas lives recite this vow
      I've become your new god now

Comment

Hey guys, just chiming in with my $.02.
        When the Fab reset either doesn't stick or doesn't work at all, I've recommended running the .VBS Script File (link in my sig),

Stubborn DMA Reset

I've only used it once. It was on one of my kids' pcs...worked like a charm.
        I've recommended it a bunch of times and never had it come back to bite me.
        Plus, it'll save you the hassle of a manual regedit.

The article that contains the file is well worth the read for folks looking for a decent explanation of what's occurring and why.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X