ps3 root key and cinavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps3 root key and cinavia

now that the ps3 root key is public. do you think we can revert back to an older firmware that does not have cinavia?

Should work fine.
    KaKaRoToKS reverted from 3.55 to 3.41.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Should work fine.
      hmm i will have to research this. i want to get rid of cinavia

Comment

Be sure to research this really good, some models lose Bluray playback capability if downgrading firmware from what I've read, I won't post a link to the site I found but will post some known model numbers so you can check on the back of your PS3:

CECHA
        CECHB
        CECHC
        CECHG

I have a CECHA01 (If I revert I'm pretty sure I'll lose playback but there is a fix, I've not tested any of this) and it seems it's only the fat models affected and not the slim but I coud be wrong.
        Also I think only firmwares 3.50 and lower can be reverted but again I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Should work fine.
          I have heard there is no way to downgrade from 3.55, only 3.50 and lower.

Also, 3.41 has Cinavia.

What would be more interesting regarding the rootkeys is looking into the software Blu-Ray player used on the PS3, as it's a trusted player. I would think it should shed a lot of light into how the trusted side of Blu-Ray works (the parts that don't work on PC software players, such as the hardware "trusted" versions of BD+).

Comment

Working...
          X