X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for keyboard/mouse recommendations

Hey everyone,
    Just built a Win7 64-bit rig...core i7, yada, yada, yada.
    I'm looking for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I've always been partial to Logitech, but all ideas are welcome and appreciated.
    I'm not a big gamer, but now and then I do.

I'm currently using my older Logitech MX 700 Duo...it works, but the mouse and keyboard freeze now and then.
    According to Logitech, it doesn't look like this combo is compatible with Win7 64-bit.

One other item of note...I managed to spill pretty much a whole beer onto the keyboard just before the build.
    I figure all that sudsing action cleaned up the keybaord pretty well...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

I also like the Logitech and I have 2 diNovo keyboard/mouse/number and media pad setups attached to my main 2 PC's. One is wireless and the other is bluetooth.

I especially like the Bluetooth one as it comes with a Bluetooth dongle that I also use to connect my headset when using VOIP.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry I have no suggestions, I've tried using both wireless mouse and keyboard but something always interferes with the signal or something. mouse just runs away (sorry just wanted to whine a lil' bit)

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Greg the diNovo combos look great...more than I wanted to spend, but feature rich, for sure.
        Down the road (hopefully this summer) when I'm able to start setting up video streaming in the new place in SC, I can get familiar with some of this gadgetry.

Appreciate it

@W&B...sounds like you need a furball to keep those "mouses" in line...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Don't forget that when setting up for streaming video you are far better off using a wired lan, so if redoing any cabling, power, etc, get a cat 6 cable put in too.

PS: My keyboard/mouse combos usually last me 2-3 changes of PC.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah, the house is only 3 years old and when I hooked up DSL, a wireless LAN, and phone service for the wife there was a ton of cat 5e cable strung through the house.
            It'd be easy enough to run some cat 6 on the ground floor, the daylight basement (aka the man cave) and ultimately to my wife's dream of an outdoor kitchen.

My wife is also occupying the 2nd floor rooms and is making them over into a quilting room and office.
            She's gonna have to make do with the cat 5e up there...hehehe

Comment

Here's what I have hooked to my HTPC, CLICK HERE

I've owned the unit for approx. 2+ years, think I paid below $50 for mine. Not the most expensive and probably well built unit, but it's been working flawlessly. The only thing is the TrackBall is a little sloppy, but still well workable.

I am a TrackBall user on my desktops, and love Microsoft's "TrackBall Explorer" design. It has a GREAT feel/design and VERY acurate, that' why I went with the keyboard/trackball combo.

But with Gregiboy mentioning diNovo, I went and looked this up CLICK HERE, very nice this might be my next purchase when my keyboard/trackball above dies.
              AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Hey Alien, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I just might be spoiled by GregiBoy's suggestions

Comment

In the Aussie vernacular "The diNovos are the DUCKS GUTS" !!!

Comment

Never use Microsoft Mouse......specially the wireless.

It is crap.
                    U can run....but U cannot hide
                    "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X