GPU Performance Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware GPU Performance Selection

Experience advice needed . System ;OS- windows7 PRO 64bit ,CPU- i7-950 , mobo-X58A-UD3R 1366 socket , memory-DDR3 ( 6x2GB ) , PSU- HX750W , SSD Vertex2 120GB & LG 10x Blu-writer .. GPU GTX 460 DDR5 768mb .. I'm wondering if GTX-460 1gb will offer BEST 1080P Video Trans-coding performance ? Will 12GB ( 6x2GB ) vs 6GB ( 6x2GB ) better workhorse ? & Should I add a 10,000RPM for DVDFab Blu-ray Copy software ? Thanks for all factual advice .

Additionally , please pm me (private message)
    Last edited by maineman; 02-06-2011, 03:31 PM. Reason: edited email address

Comment

Sorry, are you just looking to optimize your performance?....are you unhappy with what you've got?...specific shortcomings?...problems?
      I'm running a very similar rig and I'm pleased with my performance.
      Yup, I know that this doesn't mean you're pleased and I don't mean to presume.

My own bias is that GPU acceleration is a work in progress and I don't believe you'll realize much gain in performance with the above changes.
      The cost benefit ratio just isn't there.
      I doubt the RAM will make an appreciable difference, upgrading the video card isn't worth the expense and your hdd speed shouldn't be a limiting factor.

Your cpu is more than up to the task, but upgrading here would probably make the biggest difference...again, not worth the expense.

Dunno about experienced advice, but that's my 2 cents.

//Edit
      Oh, I edited your email address and changed the message to request private messaging.
      Don't want you inundated with spambots and other nasties...
      Last edited by maineman; 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

GPU Performance Selection

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Sorry, are you just looking to optimize your performance?....are you unhappy with what you've got?...specific shortcomings?...problems?
        I'm running a very similar rig and I'm pleased with my performance.
        Yup, I know that this doesn't mean you're pleased and I don't mean to presume.

My own bias is that GPU acceleration is a work in progress and I don't believe you'll realize much gain in performance with the above changes.
        The cost benefit ratio just isn't there.
        I doubt the RAM will make an appreciable difference, upgrading the video card isn't worth the expense and your hdd speed shouldn't be a limiting factor.

Your cpu is more than up to the task, but upgrading here would probably make the biggest difference...again, not worth the expense.

Dunno about experienced advice, but that's my 2 cents.

//Edit
        Oh, I edited your email address and changed the message to request private messaging.
        Don't want you inundated with spambots and other nasties...
        You have offered the option of being thankful for my rig .. It appears that no further expense is necessary for my i7-950 Build . Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X