Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players U.S. Media Player

Is there a good, recommended Media Player in the U.S. that supports:

mkv h.264 (and most other things you throw at it)
    Muptiple Audio & Subs
    Chapter Breaks
    Cover Art & Synopis?

I know that the Argosy HV335T comes highly recommended but does not support the features above.

Thanks!

WDTV Live

...you may hear a few negatives from members here...but I have been using mine for a while now and have zero issues. I don't even use my PS3 anymore because the WDTV does everything pretty much.

You can even use custom firmware, which runs the WDTV Live so much faster and is customizable.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
      WDTV Live
      +1

I have a WDTV Live as well and love it. I recently upgraded to the WDTV Live Hub which has a much better interface than the WDTV Live and also includes a built in 1TB hard drive and several online services (Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, etc.).

If you don't mind spending a few extra dollars I would recommend going with the WDTV Live Hub. If not, the WDTV Live will do just fine. IMO they are both great media players.

Right now I own one WDTV Live and two WDTV Live Hubs and couldn't be happier.

Comment

+1

If you get the WD Live TV Plus, you get the Netflix, Pandora and Youtube functionality as well. We have two of them wirelessly networked and they are great. They may not support enough bandwidth wirelessly for HD content, but they work great for our needs.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
          If I remember correctly fengtao has the WDTV live as well. Not remember the thread he posted that in though
          You are correct, AGJ.

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          WD TV Live is good, I use it at home.
          Here is the thread... http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?p=67899

Comment

I also have the WD TV Live Hub. It's the reason I purchased the lifetime DVDFab suite.

Only beefs I have with the Hub:
            1) network transfers are slow..about 10-13MB/sec.
            2) it doesn't transcode, so if you stream to another device, it better support the media type (e.g. hooked to a TV, it will play nearly everything w/o incident: if you stream to a PS3 instead, since PS3 doesn't play MKV, it won't play the MKV on the Hub either.

So...I've been ripping to M2TS (as I'm a newbie at blu-ray rips and it's the best solution I can come up with).

..but the Hub has been great.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was a little iffy with WD products as a few years back I bought a WD Ext HDD and it crapped out on me within 2 weeks, I sent it back and got a replacement which also crapped out after several weeks...maybe they got their act together by now...

Just a quick follow up question, I did a search for the WD TV Live Hub on Youtube to see the interface...I see that you can download movie info (cover, description, info, etc.) from the menu options...Do you know where the info gets downloaded from and what happens when the info is not found? I have some rare documentaries that are likely not on popular databases and I was wondering if WD TV Live Hub let you upload your own cover/description in these cases...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X