No announcement yet.

Media Player Question for Gregiboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the Xtreamer has been accumulating tons of negativity on other forums with deceptive marketing and horrible customer service, so it looks like I'll be ordering my Kaiboer today...guess that's the upside of having no web presence, no complaints!!!...

But now that I got that out the way its time to tackle the next item...storage space. I was planning on buying a 2TB HD to throw in the Kaiboer but suspect that will fill up pretty fast as I begin the arduous task of ripping my collection (slightly under 1,000)...my initial idea was to buy another hard drive when the first fills up and swap (into the Kaiboer) when necessary but somehow I get the feeling that's not the most efficient way...

I'm not familiar with NAS, network setups, etc., I plan on using the Kaiboer for movies only, I have only one TV so I don't need an elaborate setup, just a good system for storing/managing lots of (and ever increasing) movies.

I know this probably warrants a separate thread but just wanted to get your opinion GB as you've probably dealt with this extensively as a by-product of your media player speciality...
    Last edited by Yapps; 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM. Reason: misspelled work that changed the meaning of the sentence

Comment

And I forgot to mention redundancy, I can't imagine having to start ripping from scratch again if the HD craps out...

Comment

I have the Kaiboer connected into my network & a 2Tb drive both in my encoding workstation and the kaiboer and use http://allwaysync.com/ to keep them in sync daily.

All the other storage is protected by mirrored disks.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thumbnails

Yapps...

This is just an example of what yopu can achieve with thumbnails only using Thumbgen.

You need to a little research and work but once you get it cooking.....

Attached Files
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just recieved my Kaiboer K520i in the mail....playtime tonight!

Comment

I thought that you were getting a 530i???

Comment

Ooooooooooops! I meant 530i...

Comment

Just a tip for young players....

Check the "OSD" setting in the setup. This actually lets you size the output to maximise/adjust the size of the display on your screen.

Also check out Thumbgen for provision of your album art.

Comment

Help!

GB, I'm hoping you can help me out...I inserted a Samsung 2 TB hard drive into to 530i and plugged it into my computer via usb, it installed properly and the computer recognized it but it didn't show up as one of my accessable hard drives...

I went to hook it up to my tv to see if it recognized that it had the hard drive and it told me that it might not be inserted properly and to reset the hdd, so i go and try to pull it out and it is stuck, the side opens up only slightly and feels like it will break if i try pulling it too hard, i ended up unscrewing the 530i to pop off the top in order to pull out the hdd but the top won't come off and i've taken out every screw...

Not sure what to do at the moment...

Comment

Ok, please disregard, I was able to pop it out...

Comment

Ok, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the 530i is not recognizing the hard drive, the model is: Samsung Spinpoint F4EG 2 TB SATA2 5400rpm 32 MB Hard Drive HD204UI/Z4.

I just popped it in and connected it to the TV, not sure if there was anything else i needed to do as neither the Kaiboer or the Samsung came with a manual...

When connecting to the comp via usb, the computer recognizes the Samsung HDD but does not create an icon for it...

Comment

You need to format it as NTFS......

Plug the K530i in by USB and then use Computer->Manage->Disk management to do so.

Comment

Also the manul is available electronically on the Kaiboer website and the latest firmware.

www.kaiboerhd.com

Comment

Ok, got my Kaiboer set up properly now and I'm pretty happy with it...

Now i'm just doing tons of testing, trying to figure out the best ripping method...

Using other free software I get better quality and smaller file sizes but I'm having jerky playback issues on my TV using basic recommended presets...strangely enough it play fine on VLC...

Using DVDFab Ripper I get a very smooth playback, but quality isn't as sharp and file size is higher (with less audio streams), and it keeps throwing me the same random glitch on my test movie "Devil" (color distortion artifacts on the lower portion of the screen)...

Trying to see if I can get either/or working flawlessly to determine which one I stick with...

The struggle continues...

Comment

Settings ->MKV
                                Picture Anamorphic Strict
                                Video Filters Default, Default, Off, Off, Off
                                Video H264, Same as Source, CQ RF:19
                                Audio passthrough

Works for me !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X