Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software What's the Difference between MP4 vs M4V

BACKGROUND:
    I purchased a complete set of DVDFab tools in Feb 2011, so not a long time usere.

Because my Logitech Revue (aka: Google TV) can only play mp4 formatted videos, I'm in process of converting all of my video to MP4 format.

I've also been ripping my blu-ray discs to mp4 format so I can place them on my NAS and view no TV via Revue.

QUESTION #1:
    Is there any difference in video viewing quality between the following two mp4 options:
    (a) mp4.h.264.aac, file extension ".mp4"; and
    (b) ipad.mp4, with file extension ".m4v" (ipad.mp4 also comes up as the default mp4 on the DVDFab BD ripper)?

ISSUES:
    Using the mp4.h.264aac, I get very "jerky", "flickery", or "jittery" resulting videos.
    However, when using the ipad.mp4 version, my video quality seems to be okay and lot smoother.

I've been using the mp4.h264aac because I thought I read somewhere that the h.264 version of mp4 provided higher video quality.

QUESTION #2: I would like to know if anyone knows what the differences are between the above to codec (I believe is the right term), and of/if any recommendations on which MP4 codec provides the best videos?

QUESTION #3: Is resulting jerky video from the blu-ray ripper a problem with the DVDFab blu-ray ripper?

Regards, GadgetVictim
    PS: Thank you "signals" for fixing my login problem!!
Working...
X