Making a file that will stream to Sony BDP-S370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a file that will stream to Sony BDP-S370

I have downloaded DVD Fab and have tried ripping a DVD to an avi file using generic avi h264 and divx with audiocopy and mp3 in various combinations. None of which will stream from my Windows Home Server to my Sony DVD player or play from a DVD, they will stream fine on my LG in my bedroom.

Anyone know how to make a file with DVD FAB (pref with 5.1) that will stream on my Sony?

Driving me nuts it is

Cheers

Not realy as you haven't posted the specs of your player.

I would give generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy a go choosing the Dolby 5.1 soundtrack.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for that, the sony supports a lot of formats but being sony is crippled in a few ways, e.g. it will only stream avi natively (I have had mixed success streaming mkv after installing TV Mobili on my server) it will play a lot of formats from USB but only if on FAT32 disk but it has lovefilm and bbc iPlayer.

I was getting to the stage of buying a Samsung c580 for the lovefilm and moving my LG to the living room (as it will stream just about anything).

I continued my trial and error and got to the settings you have suggested, they worked a treat, and was really quick (I have a cuda graphics card and it was nice to see DVDFAB take advantage of this).

Now to experiment with bluray

Thanks for replying

Comment

Working...
      X