Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What optical drive are you using and what's your experience with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware What optical drive are you using and what's your experience with it?

I have a Pioneer BDR-205 encased in a vantec encloser with Esata cable connected to my laptop. Great drive not one single problem. Highly recommended!

I have a Pioneer BDR-203 internal sata drive in a custom built desktop pc. No problems yet and it's been a great drive, still is.

EDIT: Also a Sony Optiarc AD-7240S and it's been a good DVD drive but I'll never purchase another Sony product. Not very happy with Sony Corp. at the moment.
    Last edited by W&B; 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I also have a Toshiba DVD+/-RW Supermulti External USB 2.0 Optical Drive. Not as fast as the Pioneer. But pretty reliable!

Comment

I have the LG WH10LS30K blu-ray burner. Except for the CyberLink support software issues I discussed in previous blog, I like the way it performs. It's a great burner for the price.

I have an older (2005) LG GSA-5163D dual-layer DVD burner. Had if for about 6 years, and it's still ticking great.

Currently in process of doing due diligence to procure a 12X blu-ray burner from a manufacturer other then LG. Been looking at the Pioneer BDR-205 versus BDR-206. It looks like the BDR-205 has a better performance spec then the BDR-206:

[other forum link removed as they do not allow links for this forum]

Don't understand why Pioneer would put out a 2nd very similar model, that performs crappier then the first?

Looking for inputs and/or testimonials from anyone that either owns either model, or did a comparison of both.

@btufail: noted that you have a BDR-205, was the 206 on the market when you purchased yours? If so, what made you choose the 205 over the 206?

Mahalo & Best Regards,
        GadgetVictim
        Last edited by AGJ; 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM. Reason: removed forum link

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetVictim View Post
          I

@btufail: noted that you have a BDR-205, was the 206 on the market when you purchased yours? If so, what made you choose the 205 over the 206?

Mahalo & Best Regards,
          GadgetVictim
          206 wasn't out or was still very new. 205 was established with great reviews plus I got a great deal.

Comment

Curious, anyone own a Plextor bd drive? Plextor used to be the ultimate name in otpical drives, but it seems like I havent heard much from them.

Comment

What optical drive

@BUTFAL, I have a plextor 870A, v105, which had an update to v108(HQfirmware) Has been one of the best I've ever used!(not blu-ray) regular dvd burnner! My friend uses nothing but Plextor Brunners(blu-ray) he turned me on to them!
              Last edited by 8855A; 06-06-2011, 01:01 AM. Reason: Info

Comment

Originally posted by btufail View Post
                Curious, anyone own a Plextor bd drive? Plextor used to be the ultimate name in otpical drives, but it seems like I havent heard much from them.
                Mostly rebadged from others, like LG.

Comment

Newer plextor are rebadged Pioneer ones.
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
                  X