Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitrate suggestions

Howdy ho -

I'm ripping my dvd collection of tv shows and movies to put on my file server.

The biggest tv I'll be watching these on is a 55" 1080p through my blu-ray player over the network. I've been using 1647kbps. Some videos look fine, but others are rather pixelated - watchable, but barely tolerable. I think full-screen tv shows seem work out better because they take advantage of the real-estate, whereas widescreen movies have to be stretched-out.

What Bitrate would you suggest?

Originally posted by Galaxy_Stranger View Post
    Howdy ho -

The biggest tv I'll be watching these on is a 55" 1080p through my blu-ray player over the network. I've been using 1647kbps. Some videos look fine, but others are rather pixelated - watchable, but barely tolerable. I think full-screen tv shows seem work out better because they take advantage of the real-estate, whereas widescreen movies have to be stretched-out.

I suggest that you give GregiBoy's Best Practice: DVD to Mobile a read as it has all the info in it that you will need.

Comment

First of all you need to get your head around how aspect ratio of the original video is composed and works. You really seem uneducated on this topic at the moment and need to do further research. Google is your friend.

A full screen is not a necessarily a correct screem!!

Secondly, you need to thoroughly research the capabilities of the device that you are using to play them.

As my good frien AGJ said, use the "Best Practice" thread to get you on the right road and read it thoroughly because I will not chime in again until I see that you have made some effort yourself, and not asking "20 Questions"

Originally posted by Galaxy_Stranger View Post
      Howdy ho -

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X