Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about burner

Hello all,
    I have been mulling over getting a blue ray burner, but ther there are a few things that I would like to have clarified.

Since the media is still pricey, which brand works without failing to play after a short time. I have read the forums and don't like what I read as to disks not working (I would hate making $4.00 holy coasters).

As to the drive, I have 2 Lite On DVD drives that work well and have looked at the iHBS212, the retail version.

I know that it will take a long time for it to happen, but Blue Ray will someday become the norm and DVD's will be like VHS tapes.

I look forward to any suggestions or comments.

Hello all

I felt that I should ask again, since I may have missed any replys. What media and what drive work.
    In my past post, I was looking at the Lite-on iHBS212, since I have 2 that work fine.
    The 212 has a large buffer (8gb) and that is the reason I am looking at this model, since blue ray disks are 4-5 times that of a dvd.

Comment

Beard99
      I guess nobody in a hurry to respond to your inquiry, nor enthusiastic about it because there's ton of information about both blank media and hardware on this forum; even best deals across on-line stores and retail outfits.
      All you have to do is focus, concentrate, fight your laziness and type something like "media" or "burner", or you can go crazy and type "blank media" in search window, and you will find pages of posts and threads with information from other members... Just try... I have faith in you, you can do it!

Believe me, it would of take less time then type these two posts and wait for somebody to respond.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I moved your posts to thread of its own. Please do not hijack somebody's thread again... ever.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi Beard99

I would not get the iHBS212, reason for saying this is that I do not believe that this drive supports binding nonce, which does not support the creation of protected backups, a disc with Cinavia protection on it.

CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

My apologies

I am sorry if somehow I had or did hijack something. I didn't think I was doing so.
            I was asking the forum as they seem to have better knowledge than myself as they have been doing this longer than me.

I will do some more research as to what does and doesn't support what standard or features.

Again my apologies to the forum and the moderators.

Comment

Working...
            X