Setting up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up?

I am new to creating a home theater library and I want to make sure I do it right. I have two systems, both have DVDFab 8.1.0.5 Qt, here are the specs

Computer A (where library will be stored)
    Core I7 870
    Asus P7P55D Deluxe
    4GB memory (I know, I need to get more)
    EVGA GT 240
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Computer B (helping in the library building process)
    Core I7 920
    Asus P6T Deluxe v2
    9GB memory
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

My family and I watch movies a lot and so hence the weight is on my shoulders to have our library on a NAS box so we can access it from anywhere, especially on our system hooked up to our 73" with Marantz audio receiver.

So here goes, we have DVD's to copy. what are the best settings for folks like us? I have read here that copying from DVD to .MKV and leaving the audio as passtrhru, but what settings in DVDFab are beneficial. Example I have read that the CUDA cores should help in this process. I see there are different setting like Decoder and Encoder and in each there is "Software" "DXVA" and "CUDA" or a combination of both. Which is the best setting? Enable lightning recording? Our receiver handle AC-3, what audio setting should we put or movie in, aac? Should we use MP4 instead of .MKV? I lean to .MKV, but I need advice.

I am not sure of the settings, so if someone can please let me know what most are ppl using, then I can start setting up DVDFab before I start building the library. Please have details on the setting and why. And if anyone can throw in settings for blu-ray, that would be good because we are starting to get those discs now as well.

Thanx
Working...
X