I dont even know how to explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont even know how to explain

I am not sure if this is even a dvdfab problem but suddenly today every disc I put in will not read at all. DVDFAB won't open it, even if I dont have dvdfab running my dvd player wont even read the movie.

It worked great yesterday no problem but now not reading...could it be a weird graphics card problem or something? Nothing has changed and it did not do any updates last night to my computer. I cant even get a error report to send out since it wont even read the disc. I am and have been using 8106.....

Please help...I did not receive a error message on my computer about any graphics updates or what. i am actually doing a restore back to several days ago to see if that makes a difference but this is very weird...

Thx

Could a cable have popped off the drive or the drive died?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

After restore...something called viewpoint media player popped up to install. I have no idea what viewpoint media player is, I don't use anything called that. I did not install it. I re-booted and popped in a dvd without pulling up dvdfab and the dvd read fine and started normally with the dvd player I have on my computer, so then I started up dvdfab and it read the movie fine...so I guess that viewpoint media player was doing something weird to my computer and not allowing it to read...seems to be ok now.

Anyone else ever hear of that or know what viewpoint is? May not be for dvdfab conversation but I found it interesting...

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
        I am not sure if this is even a dvdfab problem but suddenly today every disc I put in will not read at all. DVDFAB won't open it, even if I dont have dvdfab running my dvd player wont even read the movie.

It worked great yesterday no problem but now not reading...could it be a weird graphics card problem or something? Nothing has changed and it did not do any updates last night to my computer. I cant even get a error report to send out since it wont even read the disc. I am and have been using 8106.....

Please help...I did not receive a error message on my computer about any graphics updates or what. i am actually doing a restore back to several days ago to see if that makes a difference but this is very weird...

Thx

When you boot your computer, does BIOS report the presence of your DVD drive?

If not, Gregiboy is right... the drive died.

If BIOS does report it, then go into Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager), find your DVD drive on the list - uninstall it, then reboot your system.

Windows will re-assign the necessary drivers, then you can test it and see if it works now.

Please let us know.

DC

Comment

Found what the heck viewpoint media player is but have no clue how it got installed on my computer......well was installed I should say. Weird...

Comment

Ok see if this may make sense....last time I will bring this up.

I recall opening dvdfab either last night or early this morning. My computer was being slow so I clicked on dvdfab again to open it.....when it opened I do remember seeing something about graphics card and if you want us to find it hit yes or if you have installed one hit no or something to that affect....I remember seeing something like that on dvdfab forums before but now cannot locate...anyway I think I must of said no I dont have a graphics card and they found one for me and it was this viewpoint media player......

Does that make sense at all or am I too vague with the details?

Anyway, all is well and all seems to be fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
              Ok see if this may make sense....last time I will bring this up.

I recall opening dvdfab either last night or early this morning. My computer was being slow so I clicked on dvdfab again to open it.....when it opened I do remember seeing something about graphics card and if you want us to find it hit yes or if you have installed one hit no or something to that affect....I remember seeing something like that on dvdfab forums before but now cannot locate...anyway I think I must of said no I dont have a graphics card and they found one for me and it was this viewpoint media player......

Does that make sense at all or am I too vague with the details?

Anyway, all is well and all seems to be fine now.

For whatever it's worth, VMP is considered by some to be a form of malware.

It's authors deny this, but the fact remains that certain info is collected and forwarded from your computer.

Malwarebytes is the recommended form of removal for this thing. If you are part of the AOL system, that might explain where you got it from...

DC

Comment

"
                How did Viewpoint Get On My Computer?
                This is probably why you came to this page in the first place, you noticed Viewpoint on your computer and didnt know you installed it. Well, this is because Viewpoint installs itself with various other programs such as [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]AOL[/COLOR][/COLOR] ©, AOL © Instant Messenger, Netscape, certain Adobe applications, and other programs on the web that require the media player to show their content.
                Now if you are note using AOL © [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Instant [COLOR=blue ! important]Messenger[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] or any other programs that use Viewpoint Media Player, you should be able to uninstall it without disrupting any applications. In this case, follow the steps below to remove Viewpoint.
                How to Remove Viewpoint Media Player, Toolbar, or Manager
                1) Right-click on the clock in your taskbar and choose [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Task [COLOR=blue ! important]Manager[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                2) Click on the Processes tab and search for VIEWMGR.EXE, if its found, click on it and then click End Task to close it
                3) Click on Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Programs[/COLOR][/COLOR]
                4) Uninstall any of the following programs associated with Viewpoint

• Viewpoint Manager
                • Viewpoint Media Player
                • Viewpoint Toolbar

5) Close the Add/Remove Programs and Control Panel
                6) Restart your computer

Warning: If you install AOL © Instant [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Messenger[/COLOR], Adobe Atmosphere plugin, or another program that requires Viewpoint, it will download and install again. "[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X