Ripping audio from DVD to CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping audio from DVD to CD?

Trying to rip the audio out of a DVD and burn to a CD, not having much luck.

Any suggestions, trying to do this with freeware if possible as I only have 5 or 6 I want to do so far.

Also I'm running DVDFab 6 right now, time to upgrade but I'm wondering if any of the updated DVDFab programs do this?
    tia

I'd like to keep the audio in WAV form if possible.

Al
    Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Hi AllenW
    You can try it with a newer version of Fab or you can find older versions of Fab here if you need it http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

1. Install 7.0.3.0 (international version, css)
    2. Reboot
    3. Start DVDFab
    4. Insert your DVD Audio disc, set the "Source" (box on top) if needed.
    5. On the left under "DVDtoDVD" click on Clone
    6. Uncheck "Copy DVD-Video Data Only"
    7. Uncheck "Copy Original IFO Files"
    8. Set the "Target" (on top) to desired location
    9. Click "Start"
    10 Burn the resulting .ISO file with ImgBurn to get a DVD Audio disc.

Note that ripping DVD Audio disc will remove the CPPM protection (kind of DVD Audio's equivalent to DVD's CSS), but it will not remove any watermarking protection. Some DVD Audio players will observe watermark protection and stop the playback on discs made from rips after ~ 30 seconds, while other players ignore any watermarks. I believe if you Google around a bit you can find a list of players that ignore it.

Also keep in mind if your disc is getting cracks that there may be data problem with the resulting rip. For testing you can always try extracting to individual hi-res tracks on your hard drive (i.e., multichannel flac) using free tool called DVD Audio Explorer and then play back the file in something like Media Player classic or VLC player.

For anyone reading this and are not sure what a DVD Audio disc is, here's a pretty good link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@CBR929
      I think OP asking for something different:
      Originally posted by AllenW View Post
      Trying to rip the audio out of a DVD and burn to a CD
      I think OP asking to strip soundtrek off the concert DVD or movie.
      In this case, he(she) has to select "audio only", rip it to HDD and burn onto CD as step 2 using burning software.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        @CBR929

In this case, he(she) has to select "audio only", rip it to HDD and burn onto CD as step 2 using burning software.

Exactly, I missed the "to the hard drive" part and tried to go right to a CD, it didn't work for me that way, thanks much all.

Al

Comment

@CBR929

Thanks for pointing that out my friend.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks all.

Getting close I think, I managed to figure out the DVDFab and the audio thing and getting it to a WAV file, but when I tried to burn to a CD disc using Roxio Creator Classic it comes out almost 5 CD's long.

?????

No doubt I'm doing something wrong...but what??

Al

Comment

@AllenW
              Based on your description, you've managed to extract audio in lossless (most likely LPCM) format. Lossless usually mean very, very large file.
              What you need to do is to compress to CD-sized file. There are plenty free programs to do that, most of them have CD-size presets. You can google for it. My favorite is XviD4PSP 5.0 because it can do far more than audio compression and have all codecs internally.
              Most of the freeware converters requires third party, outside codec packs, and they are root of all evil, IMHO.
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

@AllenW
                Based on your description, you've managed to extract audio in lossless (most likely LPCM) format. Lossless usually mean very, very large file.
                What you need to do is to compress to CD-sized file. There are plenty free programs to do that, most of them have CD-size presets. You can google for it. My favorite is XviD4PSP 5.0 because it can do far more than audio compression and have all codecs internally.
                Most of the freeware converters requires third party, outside codec packs, and they are root of all evil, IMHO.
                Ok, thanks, I'm assuming once I have it from DVDFab onto the Hard drive I then convert and then burn to a CD.

I'm wondering if my trucks CD player will see the new format though??

I'll give it a try and see what happens..thanks.

Al

Comment

I don't know what format your truck's CD Player likes, but any player these days can play AudioCD format or mp3... choose either of them
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X