Optimal resolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimal resolution.

Hi, I have been using the free DVDFab trial for many years.

I recently upgraded to "Lifetime" account member.

I began using the DVD rip feature after purchase.

I began ripping to iPad with the default "iPad" setting.

I have just purchased a Toshiba "Thrive" tablet.

This new tablet has a resolution of 1280x800 and plays my old iPad H.264 files without issue.

My question is this: to achieve maximum performance with 1280x800 resolution, can anyone give me tips on which setting to use when using the "DVD Rip" feature since the Toshiba "Thrive" or any Android tablet for that matter is not a listed device?

Any help would be much appreciated. BTW, I have looked into existing threads and have not yet found a topic that covers this. If anyone knows of a thread that does, please advise.

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Originally posted by tccurry View Post
    My question is this: to achieve maximum performance with 1280x800 resolution
    tccurry
    resolutions 1280:720 and 1920:1080 are HD resolutions. In order "to achieve maximum performance" you have to play HD content. Otherwise, it always will be upconvert from DVD - crappy quality in bigger size.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hey thanks for response, I figured it was a simple answer... wondering also if Devs will consider adding Android tablet profile in future.

Comment

Originally posted by tccurry View Post
        ... wondering also if Devs will consider adding Android tablet profile in future.
        Devs are in a process creating a new profile editor. When available, editor will allow you to create your own profile.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

a lot simpler than I was making it... I found a generic profile that had 1280x720 resolution and saved it as my default mp4 profile. thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X