Intel processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel processor

What would be the best Motherboard for Intel Core i5 2500k processor(4x 3.30GHZ/6MB L3 Cache) (2nd Gene)? and why is it better than others (the motherboard) ? I know everyone has there opinion, but would appreciate anyones input very much! Thank You!

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
    What would be the best Motherboard for Intel Core i5 2500k processor(4x 3.30GHZ/6MB L3 Cache) (2nd Gene)? and why is it better than others (the motherboard) ? I know everyone has there opinion, but would appreciate anyones input very much! Thank You!
    Howdy 8855A

Best ???
    Lotsa good boards, but that aside, comes down to needs, wants and buckeroos.

I've always been partial to Asus, but MSI, Intel, Gigabit all make good mobos. My last build, I shaved off a $100 bucks with an ASRock and it's been a great board.
    I've also read good things about Biostar.
    Like anything, not every board by any particular manufacturer is a winner

Take a look at these Z68 boards at newegg:

I kinda like this one, but I have no hands on with any of these guys yet.

ASUS P8Z68-V LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Be good to hear from a member that's actually got a Z68 board
    Last edited by IPopov50; 07-27-2011, 12:13 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I completely agree with my good friend and mentor - Man from Maine!!!
      It's a very subjective matter. Everyone have its own opinion... Manufacturer or brand name is all your choice, just make sure it's Z68 board! If you want to know why, Google for Z68 MoBo... or search this forum - there's plenty discussion about it last couple of months.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Z68 is the way to go, if you can afford an SSD HD too, go for it, used as cache...

Comment

Intel processor

Maineman, good to hear from you again! IPopov50, Marthebrit, Thanks to each of you! I have been looking at Z68 boards for a while! This really helps alot!

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            I completely agree with my good friend and mentor - Man from Maine!!!
            Hahaha,
            Au contraire, mon ami.
            Rather you are my mentor!!!
            Without a doubt, you one of the most knowledgeable people I know.

It's great to see other users like martythebrit posting.
            I always learn from his posts as well.

Maineman, good to hear from you again! IPopov50, Marthebrit, Thanks to each of you! I have been looking at Z68 boards for a while! This really helps alot!
            Glad we could help.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The Best MOBO for the Intel Icore5

I found the Icore5 works best with Asus Pro MB the exact model number is ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel P67 Express, 2200MHz DDR3 (O.C.), Gigabit LAN, 8-Channel Audio, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, SuperSpeed USB 3.0, SLI/CrossFireX, Bluetooth
              MAXIMUM supported ram is 32GB and is only $190 but its for the second generation ICore5 if you need the first generation Icore5 mobo then I would get this ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard - Intel H55, LGA 1156, Micro ATX, DDR3, HDMI, USB 2.0, SATA II, Gigabit Ethernet Port MAXIMUM 16GB of Ram
              hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X