Nvidia cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia cards

Was looking over forum for Nvidia cards supported by DVDFAB, but just couldn't find what I needed! I know Nvidia and their 400series and their 500series(and theres alot of them) I was looking at the(nvidia)GTX 560-2GB, and the GTX560 TI-1GB-Evga Superclocked-Core: 900MHz, what is the difference between the two?, and does DVDFAB support them? I'll be running them with Intel Core i5 2500k processor(2nd gene) and Gigabytes GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard! If there's any cards(nvidia) that would be better I'm open for suggestions! Money is no problem at this time! Unit will mainly used for DVDFAB and some gaming! A friend recently past and his mother gave me over100 Blu-rays movies and I have about 65! So I'm moving up to Blu-rays and maybe Media players later on down the line! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading for weeks on all the NVIDIA cards from every place on-line and don't really understand there spec's!

8855A,
    you are heading to a complete unnecessary overkill - waste of money.
    Lets go over issues and options again:
    (a) Besides old-fashioned software (including DVDFab own Lightening-Recording algorithm and CoreAVC codec option), DVDFab offering to its users a few options for GPU acceleration of transcoding process, where CUDA being proven as most effective and stable and IQS as most promising, but needing some more work on.
    (b) Machine you have described in your post will have very powerful, new SandyBridge processor - good enough to show solid, satisfactory result if you want to use "Software" option.
    (c) SandyBridge processor on Z68 Mobo is at this point, the best combination for utilization IQS option
    (d) nVIDIA CUDA-enabled card will give you third, CUDA GPU acceleration option.

Among these three option you can chew any content. No matter how bad (or good) your source content is coded, one of these three codecs (options) will be able to process it quick and in high quality.

I really puzzled by your desire to get GTX 500-series card. Why??? Go and get yourself 400-series. It will do as good job as 500 with less hiccups.
    I personally have old GTX295 card, and you know, only natural death of that card will make me to replace it... and I would have an option, I would replace it with same one.
    Why? Because all bugs in codec for older cards already dead and it become really solid, stable option.
    Most of the problems reported on these forums associated with hardware-related behavior I can't even reproduce. That's how stable my system is with that card.

I beg you, don't go that route. Just buy solid, proven card 400-series and enjoy "hakuna matata" life with DVDFab and "some gaming".
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Totally agree with my good friend, IPopov50.
      I could never have said it as well, so no reason to try.

Myself, my latest build is almost 2 years old now and I'm running an
      EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
      and an
      Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core

All in all, very middle-of-the-road hardware, even 2 years ago.
      However, you would have to pry them from my cold, dead hands.

My usual rip time for a BD main movie is 30-35 minutes.
      I can't recall the last time I encountered a problem with a simple rip with Blu-ray Copy
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Nvidia cards

IPopon50, I thank you very, very, much! I did google the Z68 mobo as you suggested and learned alot! Over the years your advice to me and others has been just "outstanding"! I do read just about anything you give a reply too, for anyone!, back to business, would you have any suggestions of the 400series that would work good with the processor and motherboard that I posted before! I'm also running 8GB ram(4gbx2) Corair Vengeance DDR3-1600 memory module(got from my uncle) for free! Would it be better to have 2 HDD's to back the other one up, or would it be better to run them in RAID-0 for better performance, I did read that theres a bigger chance of HDD failure this way! Hope you don't mind me picking your brain! Would the HDD's have to be a certain speed to deal with the DDR3-1600 memory! I also have a 750watt power supply(corair brand) From my uncle, he's the type that will give me components, but won't really give up info! He is going to help me with this build! My frist build!
        Last edited by 8855A; 07-29-2011, 04:56 AM. Reason: info

Comment

nvidia cards

Maineman, didn't see your post, but your input would be very important to me also! Just trying to put something together that would do Blu-rays hopefully as your time that you posted! Also an excellent Blu-ray burnner, if you could suggest one, or two!

Comment

I've never burned a BD, so I just have a "reader"...a LiteOn iHOS104 BD-ROM.
            I archive all BD files to hdds and watch 'em via media players; cheaper, easier and more reliable.

Lotsa good ODD's, just take a look at what folks here on the forum like and look at the user reviews on newegg.

You'll enjoy building your own rig. It's fun, you'll learn stuff and you get exactly what you want without all the crap.
            Plus you can take a little pride in your project when you power it up for the first time and you don't smell smoke...lol
            Last edited by maineman; 07-29-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Additional comments
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Nvidia cards

Once again thanks Maineman, Going to start looking at Media players, see to many problems with Blu-ray dics, and the prices!

Comment

nvidia cards

I did some googling on PSU's, and came to the conclusion that I don't understand crap about rails,3v,5v,12v ect. So, how do you calculate what size of power supply you will need? I know at least its to do with your main components and a few other factors, which still hasn't came together in my brain! Help would be greatly appreciated! My head is about to explode!

Comment

How many and how big HDDs you're planning to have in your new machine? How many optical drives (DVDs, BDs, etc.)
                  sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

nvidia cards

Ok, now its starting to make since, having head strom right now! Thanks very much! BTW, took your advise on a 400 series cards! Some good reveiws!, and always DVDFAB Forum!

Comment

@8855A
                      If you do not count every kWt-Hr and don't care about you utility bill, I would suggest not to spend to much time on calculation. Just go with something between 750 Wt and 1000 Wt for power supply. More is better.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nvidia cards

After I put it all together I came to the same conclusion! I'm still brain storming! Thank you Very much! ( yes the uitilty bill)
                        Last edited by 8855A; 07-31-2011, 03:19 AM. Reason: remark

Comment

Powersupply and Video Card

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                          @8855A
                          If you do not count every kWt-Hr and don't care about you utility bill, I would suggest not to spend to much time on calculation. Just go with something between 750 Wt and 1000 Wt for power supply. More is better.
                          From my experience building systems for customers I have the cheapest and easiest solution for you. First of all a GTX460 is about 15% slower than the 560GTX Counterpart but is almost $300-400 more. Not worth it when you can get a GTX460 at tigerdirect for $135. The power consuption is the same on both cards and takes about 150W of power at max level. That is the same power consumption of 3 Sata3 HDDs at the same time. Without a capable Power unit you would fail to be able to run everything properly if at all. A good rule of thumb is to add all the components up and round another 100W above what you will need to buy the correct PSU. Motherboard=125W VideoCard=150W twoHDDs=100 twoBluRay=100 + add another 50 depending on model and at least 30W per PCI expansion card. A good rig will require at least a 650-750 and the price is about the same. Hope this helps.

Comment

nvidia cards

thank you, Akeylyk!

Comment

Working...
                            X