AMD Radeon HD 6950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware AMD Radeon HD 6950

Could anyone please explain why in (Common Settings -> General -> A/V Codec -> Video Decoder) the AMD APP option can not be selected for a AMD Radeon HD 6950 card?

At the ATI video driver page choose the optional downloads tab and download and install the AMD Media Codec Pack.

Comment

AMD APP option...

I have the same problem.... I'm running a ATI 4890 card, and I have downloaded the media codecs from the ATI site, and I can't use the
      AMD App option either....

Comment

I have an ATI 5670 and while I'm able to select AMD APP under the Video Decoder settings, and while it says it's using AMD APP for video decoding when it's running, I don't think it works. I say that because it runs very very slowly. It uses a very low percentage of the CPU and absolutly NO GPU, none at all, zero (I'm using AMD System Monitor to view to CPU and GPU usage). I have had no choice but to only use Software decoding.
        Last edited by RClark; 08-21-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

AMD APP now working!

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
          At the ATI video driver page choose the optional downloads tab and download and install the AMD Media Codec Pack.
          Just got around to putting the HD6950 back in my rig and installed the AMD Media Codec Pack as instructed, AMD APP now working, thanks.

Comment

amd app acc.

can anyone comment on the speed improvement for bluray?

Comment

I just replaced my nVidia GT240 with an AMD (XFX) 6770 and can't choose the AMD App from any of the acceleration pull downs. I'm running the 11.11 Catalyst drivers and installed the 11.11 Codec pack. DirectX 11 is shown using DXDiag. The items there in the pulldown list, but when I select AMD App, it stated my card doesn't support it. What am I missing? Is there someplace in the Catalyst Control Panel I need to enable the Codec Pack?
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
              Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
              4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
              nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

u shouldn't need to enable anything in the CCC.. I just did this yesterday. I installed the Codec and then started dvdfab and switched it to AMD app and it worked.

Comment

I have a ATI 6970 and an ATI 5870 cards and both work fine with the AMD App from the pull downs however, I did have to check the Enable Acceleration under the

CCC - Video - AMD Video Converter .

I also enabled the DXVA option in the DVD Fab settings

General - Preview - Decoder - Enable DXVA Acceleration

And

General - Preview - Direct Show Filter
                  to ATI MPEG Video Decoder.

This setup seems more stable and reliable than using the software or the DXVA optoins. It's no faster or not noticably faster.

Using this setup has resolved issues of the sound not syncing properly with the video on several movies where I was having this issue earlier.

hth

Comment

Working...
                  X