This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Layer blank DVDs

Now when I try to use DVDFAB I can not because it says the rewritable disk is not a double layer blank disk. How can I change it to single layer?

Originally posted by miltsara View Post
    Now when I try to use DVDFAB I can not because it says the rewritable disk is not a double layer blank disk. How can I change it to single layer?
    Try using DVDshrink this will enable you to write on single layer discs.
    It will compress it down to fit.
    Hope this info helps.
    "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

If you are using the registered version or unexpired trial version of Fab, just use the pulldown on the bottom center of the Fab window and set it to DVD5, not DVD9.

You can also make this change permanently in "Settings"
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by miltsara View Post
        This has been asked here so many times, even I know the answer, just change the selection in DVDFab to 5 instead of 9.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          If you are using the registered version or unexpired trial version of Fab, just use the pulldown on the bottom center of the Fab window and set it to DVD5, not DVD9.

So doing this will allow all movies to fit a single layer disc?
          Is this correct?
          Thanks
          "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Sorry, your post wasn't there when I started typing.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
              So doing this will allow all movies to fit a single layer disc?
              Is this correct?
              Thanks
              YES.

That is what I do, depending on the length of the movie you will get a reduction in quality, but it WILL fit.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                YES.

That is what I do, depending on the length of the movie you will get a reduction in quality, but it WILL fit.
                Cool
                All this time i have let dvdfab select it by itself and then i would use dvdshrink.

Comment

It will actually give you a quality reduction percentage and most experienced users think that below 80%, quality suffers.

Another way to keep the quality reduction at a minimum is to use "Main Movie" instead of "Full Disk" as then all the "extras" do not take up room on the final disk.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It will actually give you a quality reduction percentage and most experienced users think that below 80%, quality suffers.

Another way to keep the quality reduction at a minimum is to use "Main Movie" instead of "Full Disk" as then all the "extras" do not take up room on the final disk.
                    Main Movie is the only way for me. Not only a better picture but faster to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum62 View Post
                      Cool
                      All this time i have let dvdfab select it by itself and then i would use dvdshrink.
                      IF it makes you feel better, I used to do exactly the same thing for years, until I did that selecting 5 instead of 9.

Just don't tell anyone.

Comment

When I try to change it to 5 instead of 9 it tells me the "dvd to dvd option is expired" to buy or renew. I went ahead and renewed even thou I had just renewed back in may but it still didn't work. So what do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by prtgl76 View Post
                          When I try to change it to 5 instead of 9 it tells me the "dvd to dvd option is expired" to buy or renew. I went ahead and renewed even thou I had just renewed back in may but it still didn't work. So what do I do?
                          That is different, you need the help of a Moderator.

Comment

How do I go to change it on the settings?

Comment

Oh ok thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X