This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos - System in this forum

Wouldn't it be nice to include a tag system within this forum. (ie :- Kudos with Thanks)

Say for example :- if a person post threads that deserve THANKS, users can click on an ICON and the the person who post will received a KUDOS (or thanks).

Also, the persons giving the Kudos will also benefit.

The more Kudos received or given, the faster the person with "improved" in status within the forum.

I am not too sure if this work, but it certainly gives users a motivation tool to assist and can therefore create better understanding.

Give me your 2 cents worth of thoughts on this.

You can visit Symantec Forum for more information about the KUDOS system.

U can run....but U cannot hide
    "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

The kudos system is not a style or format that we wish to embrace.
    There are a number of reasons for this and I'll try to keep this short.

We do not wish to foster a heirarchical system where some members earn and establish a higher status than other members.
    This reminds me of forums where one advances by means of post count without regard to the quality or "helpfulness" of the post. Based simply on numbers; not something I care to revisit here.

I much prefer the forum as it is.
    I wish members to help because they want to help, because they have knowledge and skills they wish to share and because they never forget that they too, were once noobs...just as we all have been.
    Folks that receive help are generally appreciative and say so.
    For me personally, it's no contest between a "thanks for helping" vs. a kudo count.

I do not want to foster the "carrot at the end of the stick" mentality.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      This reminds me of forums where one advances by means of post count without regard to the quality or "helpfulness" of the post. Based simply on numbers.

I do not want to foster the "carrot at the end of the stick" mentality.
      My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Wow!! Never though of that before. Come to think about it, you are very right about having KUDOS system it create some adnormal heirarchical system, which doesn't do any good.

Well, said.

Thank you
        U can run....but U cannot hide
        "I am the ONE & ONLY....You better remember that!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X