Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have a Ps3 that has stopped reading blurays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have a Ps3 that has stopped reading blurays?

Have a 40 gb ps3 thats stopped reading blu rays. Has anyone else encountered this?

Was this after a firmware update? I read some reports (lots actually) firmware ver. 3.00 messed up plenty of systems and 3.01 was supposed to fix that problem. Ver. 3.10 is now available but I haven't bothered upgrading (yet).

Comment

thanks wb I have updated but it doesn't do anything. I ordered a new blu ray lense and I hope that fixes the problems.

Comment

Well the 'Bad Firmware' was version 3.00 (luckily I dodged that bullet, when I upgraded mine from 2.80 they had 3.01 ready). I also read (but can't remember where) the Wii systems had the same problem but unlike Sony they informed all their customers that was affected to send in their units for FREE repairs, Sony (last I heard) did not take responsibility and was going to charge for repairs. I haven't bothered with the newest update for PS3 firmware 3.10 yet and haven't checked any reports on the PS3 forum to see if any owners have had problems (personally I wish they would stop trying to improve their system and leave well enough alone). Also it was only the older systems that was affected (not the newer models, slimtype ect.) Hope that new lens solves your problem for you!!!

Comment

Just thought I would update on my Ps3 problem. I ordered a new bluray lense and deck assembly and changed parts. My ps3 is running great. It is the best upconverter for my sharp lcd. If any onr has any problems realated to this issue I would be glad to help. I have spent almost a week on the topic researching.

Comment

Anyone here have a PS3 that has stopped reading bluray?

The problem with sony is that they want you to buy their products like the PS3 or other electronics but If they break down and need repairing, they don't want want to fix it for you, to me Sony is a very bad company to deal with, personally I would not buy the PS3 only because their policy is terrible on fixing things. I had a Sony standalone blu-ray player but I got rid of it because sony does not care about us. They want us to update our blu-ray players with the latest firmware but yet If something goes wrong they don't want to fix it, they just want to charge you a lot of money.

Comment

Very true fredreed very true. Sony wanted to charge me 250 cdn to have my ps3 repaired and also they told me that if in the event that the unit was unrepairable that a refurbished one was available. I made a refurbished one for 107 cdn. I bought a bluray lense deck assembly and did fixed it. Also wanted to let everyone know that if you are getting rings being burnt onto your dvd's if you play them on your ps3 to upconvert. This is a sign that the lense is going.

Comment

Where did you find this stuff?

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                Just thought I would update on my Ps3 problem. I ordered a new bluray lense and deck assembly and changed parts. My ps3 is running great. It is the best upconverter for my sharp lcd. If any onr has any problems realated to this issue I would be glad to help. I have spent almost a week on the topic researching.
                Where did you order the parts from? And how much did it end up costing you?

Comment

Because my ps3 is a 40gb model it takes this part. I ordered it from this site.

I ordered it and it cost me 107.88 cdn

Comment

Working...
                  X