Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is general chat and we're not as 'strict' on the subjects but if you want I will delete ALL post that seem to have veered off course. Just let me know. Actually watching the thread here I was getting the feeling a fight was about to break out...which would be on topic LOL

Comment

David, this thread has been left run on because:-

1. It is the general chat area of the forum
      2. It has not been hijacked
      3. It has not attacked by vitriolic rubbish

On some of the posts that you mentioned yesterday, some were closed prematurely (I was guilty of one myself).

This has been bought about by the fact that we have been under serious attack by scammers/spammers and we also think stooges from competitors and all of us Mods/Admins are taking this seriously and erring on the conservative side.

Generally, we are regarding a lot of first time posts that contain either little information or derogatory comments with suspicion and there is a good chance that those posts will be either deleted or locked.

I do hope you understand our position as we are just trying to keep this forum as the best informative forum on DVDFab (with great difficulty, I will note)

Regards
      Greg
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
        Actually watching the thread here I was getting the feeling a fight was about to break out...which would be on topic LOL
        Bwahahahahaha

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        David, this thread has been left run on because:-

1. It is the general chat area of the forum
        2. It has not been hijacked
        3. It has not attacked by vitriolic rubbish

...edited for brevity...by mm
        Regards
        Greg
        Well said Greg.

Well, just in case a fight was about to break out...... and in keeping with the original theme...a few more...

A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She's
        not
        happy with what she sees and says to her husband, 'I feel horrible; I
        look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'

The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'

And then the fight started.....

------------ --------- --------- ------ --------- ---------

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Blue for $34.95.

Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.

I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the
        cold cream.

And then the fight started....

------------ --------- --------- --------- ----- ---------
        ---------

My wife asked me if a certain dress made her butt look big. I
        told
        her not as much as the dress she wore yes terday.

------------ --------- --------- --------- ------ ---------

---------

A man and a woman were asleep like two innocent babies.
        Suddenly,
        at 3 o'clock in the morning, a loud noise c ame from outside. The woman,
        bewildered, jumped up from the bed and yelled at the man 'Holy crap.
        That must be my husband!'

So the man jumped out of the bed; scared and naked jumped out
        the
        window. He smashed himself on the ground, ran through a thorn bush and to
        his car as fast as he could go.

A few minutes later he returned and went up to the bedroom and
        screamed at the woman, 'I AM your husband!'

The woman yelled back, 'Yeah, then why were you running?'

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ----
        I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"

It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.
        "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" She said.

So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"

And that's when the fight started....

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ----
        My wife and I are watching 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' while
        we
        were in bed. I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"

"No," she answered.

I then said, "Is that your final answer?"

She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying "Yes."

So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."

And that's when the fight started....
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well it is up to you guys of course, but IMHO this topic was hijacked MUCH MORE than my ''helpful'' topic about Ice Age 3 which was locked.

Your forums, your rules, I will just be more careful what I post if at all.

Comment

Most of those, not all, were in the list I had but I didn't post them here in case they weren't ''appropriate''.

Comment

Ok, and here's a clip one of the "Fights"

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks guys! These were great I loved the ones Maineman added, and yes my wife will get a kick out of them!! lol

Cheers!
                Chris

Comment

Okay, now someone has deleted all those posts, including my constructive comments about the moderators.

I did NOT ask for that, but this is what SHOULD have happened on my Ice Age 3 topic, IF a topic is being hijacked surely you neutralise the hijackers, you don't kill the hostages.

Comment

I deleted them because of the comment by you. So I felt your thread deserved to be more closely moderated.

Comment

I deleted them because of the comment by you. So I felt your thread deserved to be more closely moderated.
                      Now it is MY fault.

I give up, do what you like, however judging by those posts that were locked recently you (as a group NOT you personally) are upsetting a lot of your Members.

Comment

Your fault? I don't get it...you want me to UN-delete them? I thought you were complaining your thread was being hi-jacked? I'll be happy to restore them if it's your wish. Not meaning for anyone to be upset.

Comment

David,

I explained my point of view before which I hope that you had a chance to read.

If we leave the forum progress the way that some new posters have been doing, I will say from experience that it will turn into an unmitigated disaster where information cannot be found and of little use.

My general view on closing threads in future will be that if the original question is answered and the problem resolved, I will close the thread.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

W&B, please restore them !!!

Comment

Restored

Edit: If a fight does break out I will remove them again LOL
                              Last edited by W&B; 12-03-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Your fault? I don't get it...you want me to UN-delete them? I thought you were complaining your thread was being hi-jacked? I'll be happy to restore them if it's your wish. Not meaning for anyone to be upset.
                                Don't worry, just forget it, it is obvious you don't get it.

Yes I was upset that my Ice Age 3 topic that was posted to help people was locked when it was supposedly being hijacked, IMHO what SHOULD have happened is what you did the this topic, that is remove the hijackers NOT lock the topic.

There were also other Members obviously upset (by what they said) on that topic and the others that were locked, what you did on THIS topic is what should have been done on those other topics IMHO.

Just want some consistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X