Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Insignia Blu-ray Player

Best Buy has on sell a Insignia Blu-ray 3D Player $99

It states right on box playback-3D Blu-rays, 2D Blu-rays, BD-R, BD-RE, DVD, DVD+/-R /RW, CD,CD-R/RW,WMA,MP3!

Sounds like a good buy and no worry about "cinivia", but I've never had an Insignia brand of anything, but with 3D also, might just have to get one for back-up for my sony!

does anyone know if this brand is any good?

Unimpressive reviews if it is this model: LINK
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Why spend bux on that when you can get a media player for around the same $$$$ ????

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
      Best Buy has on sell a Insignia Blu-ray 3D Player $99

It states right on box playback-3D Blu-rays, 2D Blu-rays, BD-R, BD-RE, DVD, DVD+/-R /RW, CD,CD-R/RW,WMA,MP3!

Sounds like a good buy and no worry about "cinivia", but I've never had an Insignia brand of anything, but with 3D also, might just have to get one for back-up for my sony!

does anyone know if this brand is any good?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Media Players Blu-ray

Thank you very much for the link 90312, doesn't seem that good at all, not going to make that mistake!

Gregiboy, I've been reading everything on all the media players everyone
        have been talking about! Mainly what you've been saying for years!

Do the media players have HHD's in them for saving your movies? This is a new area for me and I'm really thinking about buying a few in time!

Are they hard to set up? I'm an old timer trying to learn all this! I like the fact that you don't have to burn dics anymore. Thats the frist thing I really
        like about them! I'll be coming back and fourth for info! I think I've finally decided thats the way to go! Got to do a little more home work for now!

90312, that is the model they have on display! I always come back to the forum before I do anything! You guys are great!
        Last edited by 8855A; 03-03-2012, 02:36 AM. Reason: Info

Comment

Yup, great advice from 90 and Greg as always.

Media players come with and without hdds, but virtually all have hdd capability.
          Obviously, you'll pay for the hdd with a higher price if included.

Media players are easy...peasy.
          Take it from another old fart...you'll wonder why you waited.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Media Players Blu-ray

I was hoping you chimded in Maineman, thanks also for the info! I remember when you got your the one that started with an A-something! I hope you guys don't get tried of me asking Questions from time to time, or some pm's to your in-boxes!

This is the way I want to go, it took this fourm before I built my frist rig, and I hand picked parts from you guys suggestions and came out with a really fast rig and I haven't even OCed it yet! Have'nt had a blu-ray over 30min's yet!

Now I'm looking into all media players that all of you guys and gals have suggested!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
              Thank you very much for the link 90312, doesn't seem that good at all, not going to make that mistake!

Gregiboy, I've been reading everything on all the media players everyone
              have been talking about! Mainly what you've been saying for years!

Do the media players have HHD's in them for saving your movies? This is a new area for me and I'm really thinking about buying a few in time!

Are they hard to set up? I'm an old timer trying to learn all this! I like the fact that you don't have to burn dics anymore. Thats the frist thing I really
              like about them! I'll be coming back and fourth for info! I think I've finally decided thats the way to go! Got to do a little more home work for now!

90312, that is the model they have on display! I always come back to the forum before I do anything! You guys are great!
              I'll be the first to admit that when I set mind to something I usually go over the top & buy more than I need. With that being said, this is what I bought myself for Christmas & I couldn't be happier.

Dune HD Max

Along with this.

4 Port Hot Swappable Harddrive enclosure

I fortunately have the ability to just plug in my harddrives into the front of my Gateway computer. That makes it very easy for me to plug into my computer to rip my movies to a harddrive than just take it to my Dune player or to the Startech enclosure & plug it in to watch movies. Very cool!! If need be you can get yourself something like this to add to your computer for convenience.

Hard Drive Dock

Comment

That's a good option to get into it without all the hassle of networking.

Great start point although I have hard disks in my players, multiple USB portable disks and currently 3 x NAS's.

Hard disks & players seem to breed like rabbits around here!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  That's a good option to get into it without all the hassle of networking.
                  The Hassel of networking

This is a fairly complex setup but it has no limitations in sight.

I'm able to stream movies and music to all my dlna enabled devices. Thanks to the dual LAN cards in each computers I can stream from Windows 7 MP or from Serviio to all my DLNA devices at the same time without any stutter.

I save the movies to the ProRAID box at 1080p, m2ts format with 5.1 audio.

I use serviio to stream the movies or my picture collection to my DLNA devices. I use the Windows Media Streaming to send the music to my receiver.

I surf my media with my DLNA's devices remote control.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Comment

Media Players Blu-ray

Digidave, thank you for your input, Like Gregiboy said it would be a good starting point, for me that is!

Hooded, I could see what you mean about your networking, but it threw me for a loop, not quite ready for all that at this stage! I'm just starting out and need to do some more home work!

Want to thank each and everyone of you for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X