Erasable marker pens for BD-RE disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Else Erasable marker pens for BD-RE disks

I'm doing a lot more RE disks now and realize that my old standby, the Sharpie ultra fine, is just what it is advertised to be: permanent. What can be used to label a disk that is semi-permanent, in other words resists being simply rubbed off but can be removed when a change is needed?

Thanks....

Tom

Hi lakemirror
    Not sure what else you can use but try rubbing alcohol to remove the marker, has worked for me.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks, tried that this morning to no avail. Actually it was one of those alcohol wipes that I use for cleaning lenses. All it did was blur the writing a little and make it look like someone had tried to wipe it off ineffectively, which of course was exactly what happened. Any other ideas?

Comment

Hmmmm....just tried acetone, as in nail polish remover. Worked great to take the ink off but unfortunately also removed the label coating (Verbatim BD-RE preprinted) which makes matters even worse.

Surely there's got to be a middle ground somewhere.

Comment

Agree with my good friend CBR929.
          I doubt you'll find anything that resisits wear and tear, but is "semi-permanent", particularly on a non-wettable, plastic surface like a dvd.

Even UF Sharpie labels (which I use and are "permanent") can be easily removed with alcohol and a soft cloth as CB already mentioned
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

This might sound kinda corny, yet the simplest method may work for you.

Just number your rewritable disks and use disposable case inserts to label any cases you might use.

You can keep a list on your system of what is on each disk for quick reference and print out a list if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
              This might sound kinda corny, yet the simplest method may work for you.

Just number your rewritable disks and use disposable case inserts to label any cases you might use.

You can keep a list on your system of what is on each disk for quick reference and print out a list if necessary.
              That system has worked for me for many years.

Comment

I use a 3x5 index card taped to the inside of the jewel case.

Comment

no acetone

acetone and the polycarbonate in the disk do not play nice...
                  it will 'kill' the polycarbonate

Comment

Agree, no acetone. Bad results.

The rubbing alcohol works fine. Here's what I have learned: the prepackaged alcohol wipes do not necessarily have enough alcohol in them to do the trick. Once I found a bottle of rubbing alcohol, I tried it and it worked just fine.

I have also learned that if you ask for rubbing alcohol (or isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol) here in the UK, you get one of those "What are you talking about" looks from the store clerk. I had to google it to find that in the UK, it is called Surgical Spirit. £5 for a little 500ml bottle, that's about $7.75. Sigh.

But anyway, now I can relabel my disks. Thanks.

Comment

Your welcome!
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X