Bad spindle of DVD-R's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad spindle of DVD-R's?

I've been copying movies for a while now using Verbatim DVD-R's, the non "Value" Verbatims. Lately, I've been experiencing a problem. The movies I've burned on DVD-R are having trouble loading in my Samsung BPD-1500 blu-ray player. It sounds like it tries to load over and over again and eventually spits out the disc. I can try several times and it might work. Once it has been loaded, the movie plays fine. I tried on different DVD players and they loaded right away. All of my older burned DVDs work fine too. A co-worker gave me a different Verbatim DVD with a printable top to try. That burned and loaded fine.

I normally buy my Verbatim DVD-Rs from Future Shop. However, this spingle was bought off of the Newegg website from the States. It appears the spindle of DVD's is bad.

Has anyone else bought a bad spindle of Verbatim DVD-R's before or is this highly unusual? This is the first time that I have ever run into problems with Verbatims.

Thanks in advance.

Since I switched to Taiyo Yuden DVD-R I have had no more problems ---

Comment

You state they play fine in other players but not in the Samsung.

So is it a bad spindel of Verbs or a problem with the Samsung player?

To answer the question.Yes I have had bad spendels of Verbatiums in the past year.
      Now that they are made in several countrys and several plants the quility is not what it once was.

Comment

may not be bad spindle

i to have had issues with the samsung bd-1500, it worked fine for a long time, but started messing up when did firmware update, tech support was not helpful at all (samsung tech support) the same movies that wouldnt work in it, worked fine in our LG, ive since replaced the other with an LG. so yeah could be bad spindle, but not in my experience.( i use verbatim and sony, both from newegg, never any problems)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Baron View Post
          You state they play fine in other players but not in the Samsung.

So is it a bad spindel of Verbs or a problem with the Samsung player?

To answer the question.Yes I have had bad spendels of Verbatiums in the past year.
          Now that they are made in several countrys and several plants the quility is not what it once was.
          I bought another Verbatim spindle from Future Shop. No problems this time.

Comment

Whether you use +/- R blanks always look for the AZO label on the packaging. If you buy the DataLife series Verbatims with the white label you might be getting anything from anywhere.
            Attached Files
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X