Playing Movie with BD Player from USB Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Playing Movie with BD Player from USB Hard Drive

Do any of the BD players allow you to plug in a USB HD and access/play a Blu-ray movie ?

I see that many of the new BD Players have USB ports and say on the box that they can play video from a USB -- but really don't tell what kind of video -- maybe just .MOV files ??

I was hoping that I could play my backup copies of BD movies drive from my external USB3 hard drive ??

Any thoughts ???

Some do but they always seem to have restrictions or playback problems.

You would be better off going for a Media Player at half the cost like a WD Live, AC Ryan Mini 2 or at the top end, a Dune.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've had good luck with my LG BD530 cheapie in the past, playing from both a USB flash drive and a USB hard drive. MKV's, AVI's and MP4's.

Your mileage may vary...

Comment

One more voice in the crowd...

No problems at all with my AIOS media player
        I have a 4-bay mediasonic enclosure connected via usb 2.
        Counting the 2 TB hdd in the player, this makes for a total of 10 TBs.

The AIOS will play anything I throw at it, standard dvd and BD files, .ISO, .MKV, .AVI, etc.
        It will also handle Dolby TrueHD without a hiccough.

$89.99 US plus free shipping:
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

MAINEMAN

I think your AIOS also has an Internet Browser ? How is that working ?

Comment

I haven't really used it. I did actually load google as the home page, but the menu/navigation is less than ideal...to say the least.
            This lead to frustration and impatience on my part, in truth, I didn't give it much of a chance.
            My wife got me a new iPad 3 so most of my "non-honey-do-list" time has been with the iPad..

The only real complaint I have with the AIOS is the remote.
            Although it is feature-rich, you'll discover the location of the buttons is worse than random. Seriously, 3rd graders could have done better.

Ultimately, I'm very happy with it, especially when compared to the price of Dune, which is one of the best available.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Maineman --

Most of my Movies are BD ISO backups ( copies on HARDDisk ) made with DVDFAB so it looks like the AIOS has alot to offer I thought I may use a Browser but probably would be limited to youtube and netflicks and it looks like there are custom APPs ( sic ) for that ---

I was also looking at the WD reviews and it seems to have issues -- but who knows where that feedback is coming from .......

Thanks

Comment

Honestly CW, I would forget about all that Social Media/Internet Crap.

There are really 4 criteria that I use to select a Media Player!!!

1. Will it play everything I want to throw at it?
                2. Is it compatible with my other equipment (eg: TV, AV Amp, etc)
                3. Is it easy to get the content on it? (Either by USB or network)
                4. How easy is it to navigate and play for my idiot girlfriend !!! (Maybe this should be #1)

All the rest is superflous maketing B/S and hype.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Marty the Brit ---

Does your LG BD Player work with ISO files from DVDFAB ?

Comment

Never tried it, to be honest for me it's a backup if everything else goes down. I used to have a WD Live media player, this is the new one, but it was 'twitchy' at best, I now have a Boxee for all my non-disk related needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X