Christmas Traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Traditions

Tis the season of making merry and spending lots of hard earned money. In giving with the spirit of this festive season I thought I would start this thread. After reading up on a few threads it sounds like we could all do with a little festive spirit. Post your favourite traditions, family or what ever. Just remember to observe forum rules please. (I don't think we need to know what type of batteries that gift you got your girlfriend or wife takes) LOL.......

Merry Christmas Rip.

Christmas Traditions hmmmm. My family is sorta like George's family on the series 'Seinfeld', everything starts out ok but we end up with the 'The airing of grievances' but nothing to serious

Comment

4 x "C" Cells !!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        4 x "C" Cells !!!!
        Minor leaguer...
        12-volt heavy duty marine battery
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

It's a Festivus for the rest of us!! lmao @Maineman & GregiBoy

Comment

Starting a new tradition here in canada. Since my grandma passed this summer we now have a tree for the girls here and are not travelling this holiday season. The new tradition is at our house to enjoy it and the family spirit! Merry Ho Ho to All!!!

Cheers!
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Minor leaguer...
              12-volt heavy duty marine battery
              Marine battery!!! WOW!!!!
              LOL!
              Chris

Comment

Anyone have a (let it all out uncle). Thats my uncle. Thats always a tradition at my place. I guess my family is the same as georges on seinfeld too. It starts out on a good note. After turkey then the family laundry gets aired out. Funny it's always the same issues. My uncle ends up on the sofa snoring.

Hmmm think I'll go green on this one. How about solar powered. (I guess the neighbours would wonder after awhile why the grunting sounds good only be heard during the day. Save a bunch on batteries though)

rip

Comment

This sort of a 'tradition' at our house but it's more a competition between my sister and my wifey. It's 'who can bring the weirdest dessert' for an after dinner snack lol and I think the wifey has this one in the bag (this year so to speak). I'll share but note she didn't create it but found it online a while back so all credit goes to whoever (we don't know and can't find out).

The recipe for Litterbox Cake
                  2 recipes brownies (homemade is best but Entenmanns can work, in a pinch)
                  1 recipe chocolate frosting (buy only if you absolutely must as these taste horrible from a can)
                  2 recipes angel food or white cake (unfrosted store bought, if necessary)
                  1 large box Nerds with greens and blues picked out (or one small box of each color)
                  1 bag Tootsie Rolls candies
                  1 brand new (please!) litterbox (best with kitty designs on the side or partial litterbox cover or splashguard so there’s no mistaking the cat-box for what it is)
                  1 brand new litter scooper (to match the box)
                  1/4 cup dark honey
                  Assembly:
                  1. cut the brownies into even squares and line the bottom of the box with them
                  2. melt the frosting slightly in the microwave to achieve a pourable consistency
                  3. pour the frosting over brownies in an even layer and smooth out well into the corners
                  4. in a large bowl, crumble the cake to make a fine, littery crumb
                  5. sprinkle blue and green Nerds evenly over the top (to resemble those air freshening crystals which [dubiously] improve offensive odors)
                  6. now for the fun part: sculpt Tootsie rolls into realistic renditions of cat stool (kitty poo, if you will)
                  7. randomly insert litter scooper to simulate attempted filtering of litter
                  8. scatter and embed Tootsie Roll sculptures into cakey litter
                  9. pour honey over litter in a simulated urine pool
                  10. apply litterbox splashguard or partial cat-box cover for un unmistakable litterbox ambiance
                  11. present to oohs and aahs and ughs all around—then dig in!

I attached a small pic for a better idea. (hope no one is to grossed out LOL) Also I edited some of the language for decency.
                  Last edited by W&B; 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahaha...

That was GREAT, W&B !!!
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm glad you liked it (just hope it taste great)

Comment

W&B... That's GROSS !!!!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Send me your mailing address, I'll send you a slice LOLOL

Comment

Man that kind of reminds me my cats litter box alright. Here's another tradition in my house. It's called, "great nanna gave the kids the noisiest toys she could find". Anyone else have a nanna like this?

Hey WB if I get any loud toys this year can i send you my email addy?

rip

Comment

I think all grandparents do that as a sort of 'revenge' for making their hair turn grey
                              Sure send me email addys, loud toys and/or food. I can amuse myself with most anything LOL. (be warned if ya feed me I may follow you home )

Comment

Working...
                              X