Sony Optiarc AD-7240S-0B @ Newegg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Optiarc AD-7240S-0B @ Newegg

For anyone in the U.S., the egg has Sony Optiarc AD-7240S-0B on sale again for $26.99 with free shipping.
    These are SATA interface and great drives.
    I bought 2 of 'em a while back. One of the best burners out there for DL burns and an all-around great performer for SL burns as well.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Thanks for the heads up, I own the AD-7200A but I want one of those also (I know what Santa is bringing me lol)

Comment

So I take it they work great for burning TY media with a MID of YUDEN000T02 as they are all I use for my movie back ups

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        So I take it they work great for burning TY media with a MID of YUDEN000T02 as they are all I use for my movie back ups
        Yup, T02 is pretty much all I use and both of my 7240s drives love T02 media.
        Sometimes I'll burn some MCC 004...picked them up when they were cheap as dirt....
        I've heard the quality of the verbs has fallen off a little, but to be honest they seem the same...decent media.
        These burn great too.

Still there's nothing like a T02...

Great burns on MKM 001, but I haven't had any MKM 003 for a few weeks so I can't speak to those personally.
        Other users claim nothing but great burns on MKM 003.
        Makes sense, this is a speedy and reliable drive

Oh, I should mention. I've only used the stock fw once on each burner...just to make sure I didn't have to RMA the drives.

There is no oem firmware to bitset both +R and +R DL.
        I'm using Liggy and Dee's modified fw...bitsets +R, +RW, +R DL...and rpc1 too.
        Works great!
        Last edited by maineman; 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Thanks for the heads up, I own the AD-7200A but I want one of those also (I know what Santa is bringing me lol)
          Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Merry Christmas!
            Same to you and everyone on the forum, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
            Last edited by W&B; 12-11-2009, 06:01 AM. Reason: added some color lol

Comment

Working...
            X