Blu-ray burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Blu-ray burning

I am new to blu-ray and I'm looking to purchase a new pc.
    Would a AMD quad core A6-3620, 2.2-GHZ, WITH 6MB DDR3 MEMORY, 500GB HD,
    with an amd radeon 6530 discrete graphics card, be enough?
    I have been a follower for many years and would now like to get into blu-ray.
    Could anyone inform me if this pc would be appropriate for burning?
    I,m looking at a Buffalo usb blu-ray burner also.
    Thank you.
    Tmagz.

Hardware Blu-ray burning

tmagz52,

IMO, you should go with Intel CPU 2nd or 3rd generation, I have the i5 2500k, the "K" means you can overclock your cpu! From factory its 3.30GHZ, I have it set at 3.70GHZ!

I wouldn't recomend an AMD Graphics card, all have trouble with DVDFAB, read through some forums!

DVDFAB is designed to work with Nvivda Graphics mostly! You'll find alot more features with Nvivda and Intel that are worth the time and effort!

Do some reading through the forums before you decide, I started back with V5 of DVDFAB and it took me till last year 2011 to bulid my 1st PC and man was I happy, but everything I decided on came form some of the great MOD's and retired MOD's from this forum and members input to!

Comment

Definitely recommend an Intel Quick Sync CPU
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hardware Blu-ray burning

As I understand it you need a M/B that supports Lucid Vurtuil or whatever its called, for Quick Sync to work with CPU!

Marthebrit has same CPU as I do, i5 2500k, and has Intel M/B with Lucid/V D/L on it and Quick Sync wroks fine! I have Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 M/B and it doesn't support Lucid/V! M/B must support it are you can't use Quick Sync!

I went to Gig's Website and thats what they told me! My M/B just won't support it! Theres alot others out there that do! (M/B)

MARTYTHEBRIT, sorry!
        Last edited by 8855A; 10-08-2012, 11:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Cpu for blu-ray

Pardon my ignorance, but what is virtual sync?
          I am assuming that people are recommending intel cpu's and nvidia graphics cards.any particular models?
          I thank you for your patience and support.
          Though have been a user since dvdfab's inception, and have not needed help with burning over the years.
          I so enjoy blu-ray, that it is time to purchase a new pc and was looking for some assistance.
          Thank you all who replied.
          Tmagz.

Comment

Working...
          X