NVidia update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVidia update

I had about 15 updates come through from Microsoft and also this from NVidia which gave me a BSOD
    Not sure if it is a configuration setting or something else, so take caution installing this.

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Download size: 171.6 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in October, 2012

More information:

Help and Support:

CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 11-17-2012, 04:08 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Nvidia update

@CBR929,

I had the same come from Microsoft also and had the Nvidia update come through also, but I didn't update Nvidia!

I went to there website and it was just a beta driver update so I didn't update it! Are you saying if you update the Nvidia driver you might get the BSOD?, Because of the updates from Microsoft? Or is this something completely different than what I'm thinking?

Just trying to understand what you were talking about!

Comment

bsod

I got bsod to this week so i installed new window updates everything been good so far no bsod yet
      ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

bsod

Just checked my nevida drivers are all up to date and i believe im the 3 rd person on this fourm thst reported bsod this week

Comment

Hi 8855A & Jonatan
          I also had this update fail 3 times
          Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2698023)

The cause of my BSOD was the NVidia update, I had to reinstall the drivers which I still had in a folder, device manager showed drivers unknown which was fixed installing the drivers I had in my folder.
          I will do more testing when I get a chance and maybe install the NVidia update by itself.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Nvidia update

Thanks CBR929,

I have other drivers in a folder also, but thanks alot for posting this! Will stay with current driver for now!

I've also noted this update KB2698023!

Comment

Isn't it easier to just enable the automatic notification about new releases the Nvidia update checker makes?

In most cases the ones that comes through Windows Update are pretty outdated IMHO.

Comment

NVidea Update

I looked at this latest update for my video card as well but I figured that as I'm not a gamer and my present driver woks great for DVDFab etc, why bother to update? --- Looks like I made the right decision from what I see in the posts - As one of the regular contributors to this forum is fond of saying ---"If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

Comment

i also got that stupid update from microsoft and it crashed my pc, messed up my video card nvidia driver settings and took me 2 days to figure out what was messed up. after the crash i switched to the mother boards hd 4000 intel graphics and there was a intel corp or what ever patch same words otherwise all but intel and hd 4000 graphics. that one was successful in installing the nvidia one was a failure and also just disappeared which was dumb.

But when it disappeared wasnt till after i reinstalled the same nvidia drivers i was using, that was when i switched and the intel one showed up and i installed it just to see if it worked.

The mess up that took me 2 days to figure out what was messed up was the fact im running 2 nvidia msi 660ti oc graphics in sli. the virtu mvp dont work with my proper setup and it was popping up, here the nvidia patch from microsoft screwed up was the fact it basically disabled my sli settings forcing my 2nd 660 ti oc to physics only, sli disabled.

Anyways i got everything back to working, i didnt even get a blue screen from that stupid nvidia microsoft crap tho. it just crashed my pc to black power off screen.

Comment

[QUOTE=CBR929;127049]Hi 8855A & Jonatan
                    I also had this update fail 3 times
                    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB269802 , MS has a .NET Framework fixer tool that fixed mine which was 2 SP2 which kept failing to install
                    Paid Not To Work
                    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                    Proudly Served On
                    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      I had about 15 updates come through from Microsoft and also this from NVidia which gave me a BSOD
                      Not sure if it is a configuration setting or something else, so take caution installing this.

nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Download size: 171.6 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

nVidia Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware software update released in October, 2012

More information:

Help and Support:

CBR929
                      Hey cbr can you remember the bluscreen code iv got another bsod code oo1a memory managment trying to figure if its a drver or memory

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                        Hey cbr can you remember the bluscreen code iv got another bsod code oo1a memory managment trying to figure if its a drver or memory
                        Hi Jonatan
                        No, I do not remember, but mine was the NVidia update, I have not had much time to test installing the new driver.
                        CBR929

Comment

Working...
                        X