Advances of DVDfab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Advances of DVDfab

As much as I hate to say it, looking at all of the posts concerning DVDfab9,
    I am really unsure about doing an upgrade to this latest version. I have the same feeling about Acronis, who had a rock solid product that I advised every computer user I came in contact with to get, to not even getting the newer versions myself. They kept hanging more and more junk on the basic program until it became less and less reliable. I am seeing this same trend in
    DVDfab. I have been using this program from DVD Platinum all the way up to DVDfab8qt, that is quite a spread and never had any real problems. From looking at the new interface and all the posts about DVDfab9, I am really not sure what I am going to do. All I do is use DVDfab to copy a DVD to my hard drive and then burn it to a blank Verbatim with a different program, but to keep up with all of the latest protection I have to buy yet another version that I am sacred of.

You dont have to buy another version 8qt key work for version 9
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

As stated:
      Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
      You dont have to buy another version 8qt key work for version 9
      I can't say I blame you for your "reservations" and Acronis is an excellent example.
      I find 2010 is still ok on my win7 Pro rig, but I won't upgrade again.

While Fab 9.xxx has some changes I'm not a fan of...I believe you'll find the same reliablity you've become
      accustomed to with Fab once v.9.xxx gets through its "growing pains".

It decrypts standard dvds and BDs for me...no problems and again, no need to re-purchase the software.

BTW, I'm a 1949 old fart...
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey maineman, I'm a 1947 old fart and thanks for the info. Yea Acronis really
        got greedy as far as I am concerned. I got my license data confused with my Movie Collector program. Thanks to you and jonatan on that. Can you give me some tips on a safe way to remove previous versions, I've got 6 thru 8qt because I never really understood the install over previous version.

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE"

Comment

Sure,

First off all major versions of Fab (ie., 2.xxx -9.xxx) install to separate and distinct folders and are independent of one another.
          For eg., installing v.9.xxx will not affect v.8.xxx

Normally, whenever the user installs a particular version, it will install on top of the previous one.
          In other words, Fab when left to its own devices, will only have one version of Fab 8 installed at any one time.

However, the user can modify the file path during installation so that multiple versions...of say Fab 8...are installed and functional.

So no reason to uninstall Fab 6, 7, 8 etc., unless you prefer to do this.
          Most of us old farts keep multiple, stable versions installed.

Occasionally, you'll run into a disc that the most recent version of Fab stumbles on.
          Just pull out an old, reliable version and chances are pretty good, you'll get lucky.

One of my all time favorites is v.4120...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too...and everyone else.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            First off all major versions of Fab (ie., 2.xxx -9.xxx) install to separate and distinct folders and are independent of one another.
            For eg., installing v.9.xxx will not affect v.8.xxx
            I kinda wish they made a different icon (used in quick start tool bar)...my Fab 8 & 9 are identical.

While I do attribute the awkwardness of v9 to "growing pains", I never really saw the need to reincarnate v8 into v9. I really liked the layout of v8 better. It was more practical and not as cartoony looking.

Comment

Working...
            X