Newest Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Newest Version

I just updated my DVDFab 9.26 to the 9.28 I think it is, and everytime I open the program up this is what I get.What is this error message about and why am I getting it?
    Attached Files

Mine does that too, I just click ok and ignore it. It doesn't seem to hurt anything.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If it bothers you Becky put the disc in the drive and let Windows it discover it before starting DVDFab and it won't give you the error. I think maybe Windows and DVDFab are trying to access the drive at the same time if you insert the disc with Fab running.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Please go into your control panel > auto play, and make sure that windows is not set to auto play DVDs and DVD Fab is selected.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

That's the first thing I tried CBR929, didn't change a thing.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            That's the first thing I tried CBR929, didn't change a thing.
            Sorry about that my friend, the reason I suggested this was I saw another post in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=21069 where as something changed on their auto play settings.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

9..0.2.8 qt

you have to go in to common settings and uncheck add auto play handler I found that out I got the same error & every time I change the windows default and started up the dvdfab I would get that same thing. just don't check that and it will stop it from popping up
              Attached Files

Comment

@ 90312
                Just tried it and got the same error, clicked OK and everything was fine.
                @ roadtrip
                Thanks for the info that worked a treat.
                CBR929

Comment

Yep that works roadtrip. Makes me even more sure Windows and Fab try to access the drive at the same time if autoplay is checked.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Yep that works roadtrip. Makes me even more sure Windows and Fab try to access the drive at the same time if autoplay is checked.
                    This should not be happening, I have always had Windows set to "do nothing", checked my settings their set right
                    Obviously windows is not listening to me!!!
                    CBR929

Comment

Even if it does nothing (set to take no action) it still discovers the disc when inserted. The drive will read a bit, the light on the drive flashes a few times and goes idle if no program is loaded.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The real question is why is this happening with later issues of Fab when it never happened before.Is this something the developers may have changed in the program? Or did something change with Windows as that check box was always checked by default in settings.Easy fix and easy for Fab to uncheck this box as a default in future issues of Fab so as this don't happen.

Comment

I think it has to do with DVDFab's discovery of the inserted disk because like I told Becky if you insert the disc and let Windows discover it before launching Fab there is no error. I think it unlikely Windows would have changed the discovery process without an update of some sort.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Error

Thanks everyone I went in to common and unchecked the box for autoplay so will see if that helps. Thank you all you guys are awesome I always know I can come in here and ask for help and everyone is so great with lending a helping hand. I appreciate it.

Comment

Check this thread....

Yep...The issue started with v9.0.2.8. Here's the original thread:

The autoplay box is checked during the install process. Once you uncheck the box and reset your win autoplay for DVDs and Blu-Rays, it will not happen again. I assume they will not check the box by default in the next release as I'm sure the Devs are well aware of the issue...

Comment

Working...
                              X