Anyone out there have a 3D Projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone out there have a 3D Projector?

I'm debating whether to get a 70-80" tv or go route of 3D projector.
    Got a large room, not a ton of lighting, so projector would be good.
    I'm familiar with projectors, but not with 3D on them.

Anyone have one that you can give some sort of review to help sway me one way or another?
    Want to keep the cost under 5,000 if not 4,000 if possible.

Thanks.

I don't know how much help my review will be: I have a JVC DLA-X9 3D (active shutter) projector, but JVC makes lower priced models, too. I use a 12 foot diagonal white screen, and the 3D is better than theaters, IMO. Colors are bright, minimal ghosting, great depth.

Comment

I have the Epson TW9000 lcd projector, on a 120" screen and the picture is as good as any huge tv. obviously with a projector you only get backs as black as the room lighting itself is, because the screen is white, apposed to black or a direct view tv, but if you can manage with a darkened room, then for a huge picture and cinema experience, a projector it the thing to get, and I would recomend the Epson TW9000 for around £2000 it knocks spots off many of the competition.

Comment

We are going to have a pretty wide open basement, but 1/4 of it will be devoted to a large screen (or tv..) theatre furniture and a counter behnd with some seating for those people who eat.

Screen / tv will also be visible from across the room where we will have our wetbar, pub tables, arcade machines, etc... for things like football games or whatever.

In my old house we had a projector with a flat black ceiling and dark maroon walls with minimal lighting.. have projectors advanced in brightness as well that I don't have to have the room 'that' dark anymore...?

Thanks for chiming in, guys. What drawbacks have you run into?
        Anyone else with 3D projectors? Has fan noise gotten any better over the last 10 years?

Comment

If you can't darken the room pretty well, then a projector just isn't the way to go, IMO.

Comment

been talking with projector people.
            Will be picking up an epson 5020UB, which that and the Panasonic AE8000U have been rated as the cat's meow as of late. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Watched video reviews, customer reviews - all seem to be raving about this thing (and the Panasonic)

Order goes in monday.. 30 days to play with it to see if it is awesome as they say... and then I just have to wait a couple more months for the basement to be complete!

Comment

Working...
            X