PIVOS Android DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players PIVOS Android DS

This unit arrived 2 frustrating days ago and to be perfectly honest, unless you are very well versed in set-up and have a good technical background then give this a wide berth --- Built by what seems to be very bad techies. Some of the responses from so-called 'PIVOS Employees' on their forum are downright arrogant. It's going back to the store on Tuesday -- Be warned folks -- If you want a simple plug'n play media player don't even think about this one. My DUNE may be more expensive, but it works! And so does the old WDTV box....

The AIOS is the PIVOS product to buy to play media.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Agree with 90312.
      The AIOS is a great deal for about $89 US and very simple to use.
      It's really unfortunate that you were treated badly over on the PIVOS forum.

Based on my personal experience and a couple friends, I have to say their support and service has been great.
      Sadly, I think your experience is the rare exception, but I can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do.

I bought my AIOS when they first hit the retail market.
      Several weeks ago all 3 USB ports failed to recognize any ext. devices.
      I could up and download via USB from the int. hdd, but since I could not play the other 12 TB of media, I was looking at replacing it.

Despite it being long since out of warranty, aasoror contacted support on my behalf to see what they could do.

Well, for a reasonable shipping charge, I received a new unit and they threw in a new, upgraded remote besides.
      Pretty decent of them.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Pivos aios

Many thanks for the responses and the information - Greatly appreciated. I'll see if I can get hold of one of the AIOS units and try it out but I have to say that the whole PIVOS experience so far has left a very bad taste behind - Again, my thanks for your assistance

Comment

Pivos aios

So, the new PIVOS AIOS arrived this morning -- I read the manual, plugged it in, updated the firmware, went through the setup and it worked - No fuss, no bother and a very good 1080P picture with no stuttering etc when streaming BD M2TS or MKV or VOB files over the hard wired network from a NAS drive. It does'nt like MP4 files (Post 8085) done for the PS3 I used to have but then, nor does any other player that I have . If all continues to go well (or not....) I'll update this post.

Overall then, so far I am very happy with the results and thanks to Maineman and 90312 for their recommendations on this.

Note to the design and software engineers out there .... This is how things are supposed to be arn't they?

Comment

Glad it worked out for you, I sure like mine. I have a DVDFab STB ordered I hope it's as good. And Cinavia will never cross your mind
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X