This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taiyo Yuden Recordable Media Now JVC Brand

Has anyone purchased the NEW labeled TY's ?

If so please let us know if you notice any difference in quality.

I would assume these will be the same TY's that we have been using, at least I hope so !!

PS: I've been still getting the old branded "Valueline" and "Premium" from SuperMediaStore.com ... waiting for Xmas sale !!

Regards,
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

FYI, every time I check, Rima.com has a better price on the TY than SuperMediaStore.com. At least for the DVD+R that I like.

Comment

Been using SuperMediaStore.com for so long and the prices are usually so close to Rima.

I like SuperMediaStore.com as I usually gets the discs the next day if I order in the morning.

As of today:
      Rima - Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4.7GB 8X Premium Silver Lacquer, 100-Pack = 24.99 + 5.57 shipping = $30.56

SMS - Taiyo Yuden Premium Silver Thermal Lacquer 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) 100 Pack in Cake Box = $29.99
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I get the Rima packages the next day too usually. You are right that they are similar in price for DVD-R. It is DVD+R where Rima always seems to have the advantage by about $5 per 100.

Comment

I only wish Rima would move to Nevada so I don't have to pay CA sales tax.

Comment

I order my TY from here and they do deliver to the states as well blankmedia.ca

I just recently purchased the Archival grade TY JVC Branded they have along with the Premium JVC Branded TY as well. Have not used them to burn with yet but can post when I do use them

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
              I only wish Rima would move to Nevada so I don't have to pay CA sales tax.
              LOL I'm in NV !!!

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Have not used them to burn with yet but can post when I do use them
              Yes, PLEASE do and send me a PM if you don't mind if longer than a couple of days as I will forget ... ole fart ..
              Last edited by AlienX69; 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM.
              AX

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                Yes, PLEASE do and send me a PM if you don't mind if longer than a couple of days as I will forget ... ole fart ..
                Sure will do that and I plan to test them out tonight or tomorrow depending on what the disc I.D. is for them

Comment

Anyone know of a free disc scan that works with LG or Pioneer drives and is Windows 7 compatible as I no longer have Nero installed. I burned 1 disc from each spindle I have and would like to do a disc scan to post here for each one

Comment

How about VSO Inspector?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

forgot about it I wonder if it does scans like nero does? will check it out

Comment

I thought that it did last time I used it but that was quite a while ago.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I do NOT like Nero for burning, its bloatware, a real resource hog, at least the last time i used it.

But, I do have Nero DiscSpeed installed. It's a standalone NERO FreeWare app. My ole friends over at ImgBurn (DVDD) forum(s) got me hooked on it many years ago. If you go to ImgBurn forum you'll see all testing is done now using DVDInfoPro, but before that DiscSpeed was the tool. Think you'll find a lot of posts on CD Freaks (MyCE) too using DiscSpeed.

Happy Holidays !!!
                          Last edited by AlienX69; 12-24-2009, 11:33 AM.
                          AX

Comment

OK Well I will post the results either later today or late tonight as I need to buy a dvd drive for the test.

Comment

Anyone know of a free disc scan that works with LG or Pioneer drives and is Windows 7 compatible as I no longer have Nero installed. I burned 1 disc from each spindle I have and would like to do a disc scan to post here for each one
                              OK Well I will post the results either later today or late tonight as I need to buy a dvd drive for the test.
                              I'm confused, hope you're not buying a drive just to use DiscSpeed ? It should work with LG or Pioneer drives.
                              AX

Comment

Working...
                              X