X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperMedia Xmas Sale - One Days Sales

SuperMedia Xmas Sale - One Days Sales

Don't miss out !!!

I was hoping for a better deal on the TY's, but I would still buy them at SMS regular price

Check out the Aluminum LIKE DVD storage case !!! I started using these about a year ago, wish I would have started sooner.

$3 for HDMI cables

IMPORTANT NOTE: You'll have to click on the Image below a FEW times to get it to ENLARGE to full size !!!

Last edited by AlienX69; 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I am thinking about connecting my computer to a 42" flat screen hdtv.
    I will need a 15 pin vga cable and a 1/8 " audio cable for this to work.
    Has anyone tried this and if so how good does it work? Does it have a crisp clear picture?
    "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Mate, if you are doing this to play movies, I will make a suggestion.

Buy a player instead. The WDTV is very popular in the US & W&B thinks they are great.

I use other devices than that though and I wouldn't be without them now.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

@magnum62, HDMI to DVI cable is the way to go if you wanna test to see results, but you will have to pass the Audio via another cable. I send my video via the HDMI/DVI cable and pass my audio to my Onikyo receiver via optical cable. surfing the web on a 52" screen ... . I like the results, I suggest you try it and see what you think. All you got to lose is the cost of the cables, yes?

@GregiBoy, I'll hijack my own thread to discuss what I've been wanting to know for quite some time. Making/Playing/quality of these "Mobile" files.

At first I thought the files would be small, but I think from posts that the files a relativily large, i.e. 4Gb +/-. If that is the case then I'm not sure I follow then. Does say an iPod use the same size or do you make smaller files for small screen devices. I guess my biggest concern is a hard drive failure and losing the files and having to recreate them. I assume you BackUp or run RAID ?
        Last edited by AlienX69; 12-24-2009, 12:10 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Mate, if you are doing this to play movies, I will make a suggestion.

Buy a player instead. The WDTV is very popular in the US & W&B thinks they are great.

I use other devices than that though and I wouldn't be without them now.
          I have two players. I am just wanting to surf the web with this hook up lol.
          Just trying something different.
          "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Working...
          X