HDMI Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI Splitter

Looking for suggestions. I have 2 HDMI ports on my Samsung LED TV but, I now have 3 HDMI devices that I need to connect.
    Has anyone used a HDMI splitter, either powered or non powered and are you satisfied with your splitter.
    If your splitter works well please post the name and model #
    Thanks for all reply's.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Hi,
    Two sites come to mind that have HDMI switches available. They come in various configurations.
    One is Monoprice and the other is MyCableMart.
    Either one should have what you're looking for.

Comment

Here's one that get pretty fair reviews from those that know how to use it, 5 in 1 out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812197008
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I bought this which is very similar for A$6 and it works a treat.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy that's a 1.3 switcher so is 90312's posted version just so you know if doing full 3d except maybe on the older playstation's that turned the hdmi audio into PCM so required only hdmi for the picture not hd sound it may not work.New stuff is 1.4. so is 4k on todays tv's that are on the market now.
          Last edited by glenns; 10-15-2013, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Glenn for the info.

You already know my thoughts on 3D so it's not an issue for me nor is HD audio or 4K.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes GregiBoy I should have addressed the post to CBR929 as I really don't know what devices he was connecting to his tv and of cause any one reading this because of the low price.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!
                My set up right now is cable box, Blu-ray player, and PS3, hopefully after I get my media player that will be it for now.

@ glenns
                Will the newer ones work with A PS3??? This is a must have for my son and also me LOL COD Black Ops 2

I will do some more research to determine if powered will be the better option.

Again Thanks
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Get the powered for long cable runs I believe the small one is powered also.If your not getting into full 3d with hd sound tracks you should be ok with 1.3 switcher the ad says it's for PlayStation 3 1080p Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 2.5Gbps/250MHz.

Here's some info. on cables needed for bandwidth hungry devices.

Taken from the HDMI consortium FAQ:

Q. What is the difference between a “Standard” HDMI cable and a “High-Speed” HDMI cable?
                  Recently, HDMI Licensing, LLC announced that cables would be tested as Standard or High-Speed cables.Numbered cables 1.0-1.4 should no longer be used as a selling point just standard cat 1 or hi speed cat 2 with or without Ethernet should now be used on cables.

A: Standard (or “category 1”) HDMI cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 75Mhz or up to 2.25Gbps, which is the equivalent of a 720p/1080i signal.

High Speed (or “category 2”) HDMI cables have been tested to perform at speeds of 340Mhz or up to 10.2Gbps, which is the highest bandwidth currently available over an HDMI cable and can successfully handle 1080p signals including those at increased color depths and/or increased refresh rates from the Source. High-Speed cables are also able to accommodate higher resolution displays, such as WQXGA cinema monitors (resolution of 2560 x 1600).

Q: Will I need a new cable to support Audio Return Channel functionality?

A: No. Audio Return Channel -enabled devices can be connected via all the existing categories of HDMI cables

Q: What kind of cable will I need to use for full 3D?

A: 3D video requires substantial data throughput, so you’ll want to use a High Speed HDMI cable (with or without Ethernet).
                  (side by sides are not full 3d so you can use cat 1 cables for these)

Q: What kind of cable will I need to use for a 4K display?

A: A High Speed HDMI Cable (with or without Ethernet)
                  Last edited by glenns; 10-17-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

I use this one for about a year no complaints
                    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                    X