Just ordered a Micca EP600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the usual logic used by most media players for the thumbnails:-

First JPG found by alphabetical sort is usually allocated as the 'Folder" image. I usually use 0001.jpg but SOME media players will use cover.jpg, Cover.jpg, folder.jpg and Folder.jpg as the folder image. It's worth testing out the logic.

Then the folder jpg will be used for the titles within the folder UNLESS there is a JPG the same name as the title.

I use Thumbgen to scrape these JPG's automagically with little effort.

There usually a button on the remote to zoom the JPG to full screen. On most of my players it is the "SLOW" button. Again worth testing.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-11-2013, 04:00 AM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Still not sold on using graphics.. .but curious to what this Thumbgen is...

Comment

glenns, do u know of a way to default the subtitles to be 'off' when the movie starts? I haven't come across a way to permanently turn them off at this point.

Comment

Yes you turn them off in settings so they only come up with the remote control when you can then turn them on/off that way.Under intelligent settings- subtitle automation recognition (set it to off) this should do it.If not let me know and I will fire mine up and find the setting for you.You can't turn the burnt in subs off you may know this.
          Last edited by glenns; 11-20-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I have the same media player. My problem is getting it to see my shared folders. It sees the "WORKGROUP" but doesn't see any shares.

I've gone through all the turn on network discovery, print & file sharing, ect with no luck.

Any help or suggestions, links to tutorials, ect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

If you are trying to pull files off of a share on your computer, you should make sure your firewalls are not blocking access. If they are on, turn em off and try going from there to make sure firewall is not the issue of why you can't see the share on your Micca.
              You should also make sure your share on your computer has the proper security set up.

Comment

Working...
              X