Quick sync & lightning shrink Speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick sync & lightning shrink Speed test

90312: Did my first speed test using Quick sync with a regular blu ray I used Frozen ground as it's a larger blu ray 45.4 gigs.

This test combines lightning shrink with Quick sync.The processor is ivy bridge
    I7-3770 3.40ghz with 8 gig hi performance memory pc 17000 2133mhz data rate.The computer has 4 cores and 4 virtual cores so Fab see's and uses all 8 cores.

I Ripped Frozen ground 45.4 gigs using Fab full disk from from blu ray disk to hard drive in 32.11 minutes 33.51 mb/s.

I then took the movie from hard drive and put in Fab to compress the full disk to 25 gigs.The box in Fab telling you frames per second on my old computer now changes to MB/S.Fab starts off slow 14.76 MB/S then slowly increase's to 35.84 MB/S with Cpu usage only 9-14% AVG.Memory used 3.20GB-3.43GB
    Convert time is 33 mins.13 seconds

For full 3d movies you cannot use lightning shrink,
    cuda or anything else at this time. Fab may change this in the future.

Convert time for full 3d on avg. is 56 mins.If also processed to a ISO 3 mins. 13 seconds more.

This is really impressive comparing my old 2 core computer to it taking 12 hours to convert a full 3d movie to 25 gigs so what a difference. This computer will also play full 3d using a 3d software player with no problem at all.Looks like I may not need my media player much longer.

My only question is why the CPU only runs Fab at 9-14% avg.during compression of a movie and mostly used only part of 4 cores the other 4 cores were running but tiny amounts of usage show up on the chart for running live cpu,memory tests.I do show 8 cores in Fab and have max set for memory fast speed normal quality.

90312 Anyway it's because you posted your computers speed with Fab that I knew right their and then I had to have a new toy thanks to you after a 2 day set up I am getting into more testing now.A side by side 3d should be really fast also that's next on my test list if anyone wants to know the results of that test speak up and I will post it here.
    Attached Files

Glenns, the Intel HD 4000's Graphics Processing Unit is doing the lion's share of the work when using Quick Sync so the Central Processing Unit is not left with much to do. Since video is all the GPU does, it does it much faster than the CPU.

By comparison your speeds are impressive, glad you're not disappointed since I'm the reason you got it, that could have been bad!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

90312:I see in Fab settings the option for VC-1 is not able to be selected in Fab to use with quick sync.Can lightning recording and or lightning shrink be engaged for this?

I remember talking to you about a movie you did with your computer and a VC-1 encoded disk I seem to remember you said you thought it did work with quick sync can this be or was core AVC doing the work.

I don't see core AVC on mine so I guess its not on it.

One other question would it be any use to me by hooking up my intel video card from the old computer that has cuda to be used for VC-1 theirs really not that many videos using it these days?

Would it speed up my system any as theirs hyper threading and other switching stuff I got to read up on as well as power management for the plug in card to power it down when you don't need it.

One last thing that bugs me to no end sometimes while typing in a message box online using explorer the computer goe's from the place I am typing a response to- to the computers screen's desktop.If you keep typing it still goes' in the message box you were typing in even though your on the computers desktop.

Maybe theirs a setting in windows 7 for that I don't know about.
      I did set the computer to not go to sleep ever and no screen saver.
      Last edited by glenns; 12-22-2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Core AVC is a purchased program @ $10 or $12 and I don't think it has anything to do with VC1 nor does IQS. I think lightening shrink was the difference but not even sure about that.

If you bump your mouse or touch pad and the pointer gets to the lower right corner of the display you'll get a desktop displayed on top of whatever you're doing.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks I see now you can turn that feature off and I did.
          Do you know of a disk that's vc1 I want to test it and see what's going on.
          Last edited by glenns; 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

The first Sherlock Holmes BR I know for sure is VC1 - 2D.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You could have gone Haswell for almost the same money, Ivy Bridge seems like a strange choice.

Comment

Working...
              X