It Appears As If "Frozen 3D" has been... Frozen from release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Else It Appears As If "Frozen 3D" has been... Frozen from release

From what I can tell on the internet, US version of Frozen 3D have been cancelled.

(see sites like this...)
    http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...release-68485/

This is incredibly sad. Took the kids to see Frozen, but unfortunately that day, we decided to see the 2D version for some reason. I walked out of the theatre wishing that we had seen it in 3D.

So my next option? Wait for the BluRay release.

I was looking up release dates and started reading things about the movie not being released in 3D in US. Huh? Wha? One of Disney's best animated movies in a while, and they aren't going to pump out a 3D version? I don't get it.

So in the articles, they mention that amazon.uk still has the 3D slated for release.. Supposedly not locked down to any region either.

Never preordered anything from overseas... Do they normally have English audio tracks on them? I would guess so, but wouldn't want to assume...
    The page says that the primary language is English... So I am guessing it is in English.

...Well, just did a preorder for it. Will have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Hope you don't receive it in PAL format!

Comment

I don't think it will be a PAL disk because it would only play in overseas players where as a NTSC disk region free such as this one will play in Pal players as well as NTSC players.

The disk on Amazon UK. will be released on march 31st (25.73 E) delivered to the USA.I don't know the conversion to US dollars Paypal or credit cards will do the conversion for you.Some charge a fee some don't it won't be large though.

Another clue to this being a NTSC disk is 3d rental clubs plan on renting this overseas version if no US. version is available to them by release date.They and their clientele are US. based so the disk must play on our players.I am telling you this information so you can feel safe on a preorder as many people do this to get the disk.

Comment

BR HD feature movies are neither NTSC or PAL the format is different. The extras might be analog and formatted PAL though and the disc will be region B locked. I don't know if the 50 vs. 60Hz thing comes into play or not.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Perhaps this is one of the first indications that 3D is not the commercial success that it has been hyped up to be.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If the extras are in 1080p you will be able to view them also.The disk is listed as region free so will play in our players as well as overseas.1080p will play overseas as well.I have some other oversea's 3d blu rays that are region free that play fine here.

It's true Pal doesn't come in to play here so the 50-60hz is part of the Pal spec so that doesn't apply to the 3d blu ray or 2d bluray.
            Last edited by glenns; 02-16-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Perhaps this is one of the first indications that 3D is not the commercial success that it has been hyped up to be.
              But yet Disney continues to roll out any other Marvel and other flick in 3D... And all action movies and cartoons are still done in 3D, so I don't think 3D is going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

It will be available digitally, which I assume is iTunes, Play, etc.

I agree with GregiBoy, I don't think 3D TV ever was the success people think it was, and now no one is talking about 3D TV anymore, the big buzz is 4K.

I think soon the only 3D TV's available will be closeouts and refurbs.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                  It will be available digitally, which I assume is iTunes, Play, etc.

I agree with GregiBoy, I don't think 3D TV ever was the success people think it was, and now no one is talking about 3D TV anymore, the big buzz is 4K.

I think soon the only 3D TV's available will be closeouts and refurbs.
                  While I don't hear much about 3D, I hear even less about 4k.
                  All I see about 4k are random articles on the net about it.

Lots of debate on if it is even necessary. 1080 is fine for a lot, and the lack of 4k support probably doesn't help.

Heck, most people I know (I am the biggest geek of all the people I hang with) don't get into technology enough to care. I don't hear many of those people talking about how awesome bluray is. Not even half the people probably even have a bluray. They run dvd and have their cable or satellite boxes on their LCD tvs that are 42" max.

I think any new technology is just hard to adapt to. Period.

Comment

Working...
                  X