Store DVD to cloud for playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Store DVD to cloud for playback

Anyone have experience storing DVD to the cloud or portable storage for playback without having to burn discs constantly?? Looking for any help or links.
    Daddio

I seldom burn discs anymore, I have a media player on the main TV and a laptop connected via HDMI to my bedroom TV using DVDFab media player. I have one of those palm sized 1TB USB external HDD to shuttle iso main movies around. If they are worth keeping I store them on larger HDD on my system, but keep many favorites at hand on the 1 TB external.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't burn movie back-up's to disc either...

All my DVD and Blu-ray disc's are backed-up to 'movie-only' .mkv files and stored on (NTFS formatted) USB3 HDD's
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        I seldom burn discs anymore, I have a media player on the main TV and a laptop connected via HDMI to my bedroom TV using DVDFab media player. I have one of those palm sized 1TB USB external HDD to shuttle iso main movies around. If they are worth keeping I store them on larger HDD on my system, but keep many favorites at hand on the 1 TB external.

Hello 90312,

I wanted to ask you why you have your main movies in ISO, instead of the Ripped DVD format.

And, What Program do you use to Convert to ISO.

And will DVDfab make a Program to convert files to ISO ?

Comment

I use main movie iso files because it's one file and easy to deal with and no loss.

I use DVDFab to make the iso files and will make them if you have the copy module. Just select the disk symbol at the bottom, see attached:
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I use main movie iso files because it's one file and easy to deal with and no loss.

I use DVDFab to make the iso files and will make them if you have the copy module. Just select the disk symbol at the bottom, see attached:
            Your attached Thumbnail would not load, it just kept going in circles.

I read somewhere in this forum that the ISO created by DVDfab is called p-ISO, and that it only plays in the DVDfab Media Player.

Can I create a ISO with a Full complete DVD, or just the Main movie ???

Comment

Look down just to the right of the "save to" box there is a folder for saving the folder to the HDD and to the right of that is an icon that looks like a piece of paper and a disc, pick that one and choose an HDD location to save the file. DVDFab makes fully compliant iso images, nothing special or proprietary about them and they play on anything that will play an iso. You can make a full disc iso I just don't because nothing I have will play the menus anyway except DVDFab Media Player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Look down just to the right of the "save to" box there is a folder for saving the folder to the HDD and to the right of that is an icon that looks like a piece of paper and a disc, pick that one and choose an HDD location to save the file. DVDFab makes fully compliant iso images, nothing special or proprietary about them and they play on anything that will play an iso. You can make a full disc iso I just don't because nothing I have will play the menus anyway except DVDFab Media Player.
                Thanks for Info.

I have a Media Player hooked to my TV, that will play the menus on Ripped DVD's.

I have not tried the ISO format on it. so I think I will give it a try.

I might give your NEW H.265 format, on the main movie and turn that into a ISO.

Can I convert the main movie to a H.265 format and turn it into a ISO at the same time, or separately ???

Comment

Working...
                X