No announcement yet.

Looking for that one device.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Looking for that one device.

Hi to all,

It's 2016, and I have been away from DVDFAB for nearly 4 years. I am just curious what people are doing these days to playback bluray ISO. I have 225 blurays on hand and want to box them up to make room on the shelf, However I want to keep the menus, special features etc. I want the movie to play as if the disc was in the player itself or close as possible. I like the idea of just selecting the movie from the HDD and it play. With that being said, what are my options? Some I may know and some I may not which is the point of this thread. So I would like to know what you're using just for ideas for myself.

4K is a must, I understand my options are limited at this point.

Thanks for your time. -Xander427

do not hesitate to imply, all information is useful.
    Last edited by Xander427; 04-14-2016, 01:37 AM.

I use a spare laptop and DVDFab media player in my bedroom and get all that and more.

Better qualify, I don't have a 4K display and my laptop may not have the juice anyway.
    Last edited by 90312; 04-14-2016, 02:06 AM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I use a spare laptop and DVDFab media player in my bedroom and get all that and more.

Better qualify, I don't have a 4K display and my laptop may not have the juice anyway.

I had built a AMD A8 Kaveri HTPC I used in conjunction with Power DVD. I don't think it has the power to push UHD, for starters it doesn't have HDMI 2.0. I am not sure what I want to do from here, but I am open to all ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander427 View Post
        Hi to all,

It's 2016, and I have been away from DVDFAB for nearly 4 years. I am just curious what people are doing these days to playback bluray ISO. I have 225 blurays on hand and want to box them up to make room on the shelf, However I want to keep the menus, special features etc. I want the movie to play as if the disc was in the player itself or close as possible. I like the idea of just selecting the movie from the HDD and it play. With that being said, what are my options? Some I may know and some I may not which is the point of this thread. So I would like to know what you're using just for ideas for myself.

4K is a must, I understand my options are limited at this point.

Thanks for your time. -Xander427

do not hesitate to imply, all information is useful.
        Xander,

I know this is a rather old thread, but that ONE DEVICE for me is the Lenovo Q190 that I bought in December of 2014 for $177 on Amazon as they price matched Lenovo's website at that time. I'll put a link below to show you how compact and robust this badboy is for HTPC purposes:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...tab-tech_specs

I'm trying to figure out why they don't make these anymore as mine is going on 2 years and it's as solid as a rock! The only issue I have is a handshake one with my Pioneer AVR which is easily resolved by powering it on first and a few power cycling off and on of my HDTV.

I love it because through Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC), it gives me DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos flawelessly through my receiver! Something I could never get reliably with any other media player as there was always a hiccup, audio would drop out, it would studder or you had to use certain external HDDs to make it work. This thing has been my media champ ever since I bought it and I even daresay it is the best electronic device I have ever purchased for the money!
        Last edited by SuperFist; 07-22-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Sold out and discontinued
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Sold out and discontinued
            Well yeah... I'm sorry. You can find it on Amazon, though... for much more. I didn't mention this earlier because I really wanted to put some mileage on it to test it out thoroughly before recommending it like the other things I have in the past. I guess that's the downside of that approach.

Comment

Amazon does have a used one for $500 dollars !!!
              Last edited by october262; 07-22-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X