• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threebigbear
    replied
    Originally posted by rdorian View Post
    Hi

"DVDFab PC Backup 2.0" accepted my serial number this morning. There must be some clashing residual files from version 1 as the files still existed on the Programs Files (x86)/DVDFab folder, which differs from the Programs Files (x86)/DVDFab 9 folder.

To fix the issue, I:
    - Installed CCleaner
    - Uninstalled DVDFab PC Backup
    - Uninstalled DVDFab 9, just in case there were shared files.
    - Ran CCleaner for registry entries multiple runs until nothing was left to clean.
    - Restarted the machine
    - Ran CCleaner for registry entries, just to make sure
    - Removed the DVDFab folder in Programs Files (x86), as files were left. DVDFab was fine, it removed all folders.
    - Installed DVDFab PC Backup 2.0.2
    - Entered my key, and it worked.

Not sure, if something changed on the server side for licence verification, or if it was a clash with the original version 1 files that were left behind. In any case it's resolved.

I hope this helps other who have the same issue, and thanks to "3dman7" for pitching in.
    hi, rdorian
    We have noticed your problem. After the PC Backup 2.0 released, we have tested the install process. Just install the 2.0 version without uninstall the version 1.0, the serial number worked directly on the version 2.0. If users uninstall the version 1.0 and delete the registry, the software may request serial number again. In that case, you need to contact our support team to reset your serial number.

If you meet the serial number problem, please contact us directly and our team will fix it immediately.

Hope this information will be helpful to you and other users.

Leave a comment:

• rdorian
    replied
    Fixed

Hi

"DVDFab PC Backup 2.0" accepted my serial number this morning. There must be some clashing residual files from version 1 as the files still existed on the Programs Files (x86)/DVDFab folder, which differs from the Programs Files (x86)/DVDFab 9 folder.

To fix the issue, I:
    - Installed CCleaner
    - Uninstalled DVDFab PC Backup
    - Uninstalled DVDFab 9, just in case there were shared files.
    - Ran CCleaner for registry entries multiple runs until nothing was left to clean.
    - Restarted the machine
    - Ran CCleaner for registry entries, just to make sure
    - Removed the DVDFab folder in Programs Files (x86), as files were left. DVDFab was fine, it removed all folders.
    - Installed DVDFab PC Backup 2.0.2
    - Entered my key, and it worked.

Not sure, if something changed on the server side for licence verification, or if it was a clash with the original version 1 files that were left behind. In any case it's resolved.

I hope this helps other who have the same issue, and thanks to "3dman7" for pitching in.

Leave a comment:

• rdorian
    replied
    Thanks for the response.

The product name does actually state "DVDFab PC Backup 2.0". Hopefully support will get back. Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by rdorian; 11-08-2016, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 3dman
    replied
    Your running PC backup not Dvdfab.
    Your in the forum for Dvdfab.
    You likely mean why is their no topic for PC backup.
    If staff or Mona from staff doesn't answer here you can PM support.
    mona@dvdfab.cn
    Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• rdorian
    started a topic Software DVDFab Backup licence

DVDFab Backup licence

I have a licence issue with dvdfab. I was running version 1 (since launch) and download and installed version 2 this week, but when I start-up the application it asks for a serial number which I provide. It then tells we that the key has already been used...

See attached image. Any ideas?

I've re-installed version 2, and I still get the error. I'm assuming that it's the response from the server that's the issue.

Moderators, why is there no DVD Fab forum or am I missing something?
    Attached Files
Working...
X