Question about UHD DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Question about UHD DVDs

I have never dealt with UHD DVDs or 4K DVDs yet. Do I need a special drive to be able to read these DVDs on a computer.

My computer has mounted about every DVD/BD discs that I have put in it.

The other day I tried an Ultra HD DVD and my computer didn't see it. Do I need special software drivers?

I am using Windows 10 and the Asus 16x BW-16D1HT Blu-ray drives. When the UHD DVD is put in the drive the computer won't mount it. (Doesn't see it)

Thanks in advance

Their are 2 new drives from Japan that can read them their not here in the USA yet.The disks can't be decoded at this time.Their are 3 drives that just happen to read them in the U.S. most drives can't see them.Google the 2 Japan drives for more info. and the models of U.S. drives that can read them but like I said you Can't decode them and you need special newer hdmi outputs if you could decode them from all parts of the chain computer/receiver/hdtv or projector.I am talking about store brought 4k disks here camera footage may differ as well as downloaded 4k.
    Last edited by 3dman; 05-29-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkore View Post
      I have never dealt with UHD DVDs or 4K DVDs yet. Do I need a special drive to be able to read these DVDs on a computer.

My computer has mounted about every DVD/BD discs that I have put in it.

The other day I tried an Ultra HD DVD and my computer didn't see it. Do I need special software drivers?

I am using Windows 10 and the Asus 16x BW-16D1HT Blu-ray drives. When the UHD DVD is put in the drive the computer won't mount it. (Doesn't see it)

Thanks in advance
      Once you do have one of the new UHD drives, the latest version of dvdfab media player will play them - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=30892

Comment

Found one of my older posts with this info. re post below.
        Japan has just released 2 new models of 4k blu ray drives about $200 U.S. for the computer. They will make it to the U.S. and theirs Lg drives that are said to read the info. from 4k disks now.
        Models LG BH16ns50.LG Bh16ns55,and second generation LG BH/Wh14ns40
        Your inputs and outputs all along the 4k chain including receiver must pass 4k to projector or tv must be able to play 4k hi speed cables must be used.A internet connection is also required so it's just not getting rid of the protection.

OCT262:You really need to read before you post UNPROTECTED disks can play only on Fab media player.

New: Added the support to playback the unprotected 4K UHD Blu-ray source. To playback the source, some graphics card are required (e.g. GeForce GTX 750 SE, GTX 950 or above, Intel HD 5500/6000 or above, AMD Polaris RX460/470 or above). More Info: http://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/The-World-...UHD-Player.htm
        Last edited by 3dman; 05-29-2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          Found one of my older posts with this info. re post below.
          Japan has just released 2 new models of 4k blu ray drives about $200 U.S. for the computer. They will make it to the U.S. and theirs Lg drives that are said to read the info. from 4k disks now.
          Models LG BH16ns50.LG Bh16ns55,and second generation LG BH/Wh14ns40
          Your inputs and outputs all along the 4k chain including receiver must pass 4k to projector or tv must be able to play 4k hi speed cables must be used.A internet connection is also required so it's just not getting rid of the protection.

OCT262:You really need to read before you post UNPROTECTED disks can play only on Fab media player.

New: Added the support to playback the unprotected 4K UHD Blu-ray source. To playback the source, some graphics card are required (e.g. GeForce GTX 750 SE, GTX 950 or above, Intel HD 5500/6000 or above, AMD Polaris RX460/470 or above). More Info: http://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/The-World-...UHD-Player.htm
          Sorry about that !! Forgot about the unprotected disc part

Comment

Working...
          X