This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
    The WII just has an AV MULTI OUT port. It has a couple of usb ports but they are input only.

The Monitor has a DVID port, DSUB, and 2 regular usb and 1 square usb.
    ... The monitor has an audio out feature on it. If I am not mistaken there are two ways to do this. The rca connection from the Wii should have a left and right and a video plug. I am going to connect the audio part of the cable into a seperate unit. Or try this audio out with the monitor. I have an old set of pc speakers that might do the trick. ...
    ... Next step I have ordered a wii component cable. This should give me the audio output I need and the 3 inputs for the analog signal. ...
    Glad that you're continuing to try to get this working. I'm unclear as to how a new Wii component cable would work. Your LCD monitor has YPbPr component video inputs?

Comment

No my monitor has no vga input. Here is what I have so far.

The following cable plugs into my lcd monitor. This connects the YPbPr component video input to the d sub connector that you would use for your standard pc to monitor connection. (Thanks to W&B on this one)

Now we need another cable to connect wii to the female YPbPr component video input. This is the wii component cable. See image below. You see there is the YPbPr and sound output red and white.

This is a knock off cable with the extra yellow plug. This cable can connect regularly (yellow red white) or (red white and YPbPr)

Last thing in order for this to work you must set display on wii to 480p. Otherwise monitor will not recognise signal.

Comment

OK, I understand what you're trying to do now.

No my monitor has [?]no[?] vga input. ...
        The following cable plugs into my lcd monitor. This connects the YPbPr component video input to the d sub connector that you would use for your standard pc to monitor connection. (Thanks to W&B on this one)

Did you verify that this adapter is indeed bidirectional rather than just a VGA input to component video outputs? If so, then this might just work. Looking forward to your update...

Comment

Please ignore my previous comment about bidirectional verification as the adapter is probably just a breakout cable wired as shown here:

If so, the cable is 'bidirectional' electrically. However, as noted in one of the questions in the FAQ section of the above link:

"Will I be able to use the VGA to component adapter to watch DVD's from my DVD player on my computer monitor?

Probably not, the adapter just "adapts" it doesn't convert. Nearly all computer monitors need an RGB signal, as compared to the component (Y, Pr, Pb) signal that a DVD player outputs. To view a component signal on an RGB monitor requires a transcoder, which converts the component to an RGB signal. Many projectors and some rare monitors will accept a compent signal via their HD-15 (VGA or RGB) port. This is the intended use for this adapter. Bottom line: For the adapter to work your display device must accept component inputs."

Thus, the converter boxes mentioned earlier will still be necessary I think.

Comment

This post might help to clarify the issue a bit:

FYI.

Comment

An HD BOX PRO was my plan b.

As you probably know this little device is the no brainer to what I want to do. But factor in purchase in cdn funds plus shipping from where ever is closet. Hmm! the cable seemed cheaper. Thanks for the generous supply of info by the way. I can see from my last post where some confusion may have been created on my part. I see the # of views on this thread gets bigger too! Maybe others can benefit from this.

I will continue with my cable test anyhow. Moving forward from that to plan b, purchasing a converting unit may be necessary. I will still need the component cable from the wii to this box. So all in all the vga cable from the monitor will probably be shelved for now.

If I had not bought the wii component cable I probably would have gone and bought a tv box (converting unit) that has more options the HD BOX PRO. This answers the dvd to lcd monitor issue.

You can see from the above pics that this has the added bonus of a tv cable signal in. With this unit the standard game system cables are only needed.

I will keep you posted on my results.

Thanks again for your input.

regards RIP.

Comment

Okay tried new component cable. SHE-A-NO-WORKY. Anyhow was planning for this. Plan B has started up. In process of rodering an HD PRO BOX. Will keep info'd on this.

Regards rip.

Comment

Wouldn't you have spent less $$$ and aggravation by just buying a new monitor with the correct inputs?

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Wouldn't you have spent less $$$ and aggravation by just buying a new monitor with the correct inputs?
                    The monitor is 3 years old. It was originally bought for our office at work, for a pilot networking project, but that never took off, So 2 days out of the box it ends up in storage for the past 3 years. So Brand new too me. (cheap is good. Free is Better) I managed to return my first cable so with the hd box and component cable I sit around 88.78 cdn. I can't get a decent lcd monitor, with right connections for that.

Comment

Okay latest update on LCD monitor project. Hd Box is comming across the pond. Should have with in 2 weeks tops.

Can't wait. Well until the next project. LOL I will supply picks, prices on what I purchased and where from.

regards rip.

Comment

Working...
                      X